OHers Top 30 lists

Tony-OH

I don't understand the lack of love for Waring? How can a guy who hits over 20 HRs every year not be on a top 30 list? Beside a rough month patch, his BA and OPS at AAA were very good. He can play either corner spot effectively.

He's 26, spent half his time in AA, struck out almost 30% of the time, and doesn't have a great track record. His two good season (2009 and 2012) both came when he was old for the league and could draw walks and crush mistake pitches by the weaker pitchers. Defensive scouting reports have never been good, either. He's a guy with Chris Davis' skill set against AA pitching. He really hasn't shown anything to make you think he could be decent against MLB pitchers for any sustained amount of time.

That said, he'd probably be a not terrible fill-in bench player if someone like Betemit gets injured. But I'll take the upside, however unlikely, of guys like Oliver Drake or Bennett Parry over Waring, on a top prospects list.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. Bundy

2. Gausman

3. Schoop

4. Delmonico

5. Wright

6. Rodriguez

7. Marin

8. Hoes

9. Steve Johnson

10. Walker

11. Wilson

12. Hader

13. Kline

14. Drake

15. Avery

16. Kelly

17. Urrutia

18. Bridwell

19. Berry

20. Pomeranz

21. Davies

22. Belfiore

23. Ohlman

24. Glynn Davis

25. Devin Jones

26. Bernadina

27. Webb

28. Welty

29. Clark

30. BBundy

Your reasoning?

Pretty obvious - he is a much older player who's spent extensive time playing in a major professional baseball league.

Not saying my interpretation is the only correct one. If others want to call him a "prospect" they certainly can. But he was not signed to be a "prospect", he was signed to be a big-leaguer.

Pretty obvious - he is a much older player who's spent extensive time playing in a major professional baseball league.

Not saying my interpretation is the only correct one. If others want to call him a "prospect" they certainly can. But he was not signed to be a "prospect", he was signed to be a big-leaguer.

I've gone round and round about this but I decided to keep him off the list. He's a 31-year old free agent from another "major league," and should not be a rookie even though he's technically a major league rookie next year.

That's kinda how I feel about Pomeranz as a 28-year-old "prospect". I don't think he should be one.

I can understand that, but I think with Pomeranz you look at past injury issues and you can see potential beyond what he's shown. I don't think that's really the case with Wada.

Pomeranz is very close to the "prospect/journeyman" line.

That's kinda how I feel about Pomeranz as a 28-year-old "prospect". I don't think he should be one.

the thing about Pomeranz is he's come up through the MLB-affiliated minor leagues, whereas Wada was signed out of a major professional league.

though I guess the same could be said about Urrutia...

Wada was a legitimate oversight for me either way and I'm not sure where I'd slot him in... probably a bit below Steve Johnson.

1 Bundy

2 Gausman

3 Schoop

4 Delmonico

5 Rodriguez

6 Hoes

7 Avery

8 Wright

9 Marin

10 Kline

11 Johnson

12 Urrutia