Report: Morosi says a source links us with Hamilton and Ross

Conway12

I hear you, but to me you can't completely separate performance from baggage. Sometimes baggage effects performance, you know?

So I'm saying not only will his performance decline, his baggage could compound the issue and make his performance decline (or even stop completely) even more quickly.

In short, though I took a round about and kind of admittedly abrasive route to it, Josh Hamilton is simply too risky for my blood. And I don't think he's as high on the O's list as Morosi thinks anyway. He's on the list, sure.

That said, I'd obviously root like hell for the guy if he's ever an Oriole.

I agree with the first bolded part and am glad to hear the second bolded part. ;)

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So, no concerns at all if the dude in the next cube drinks 11 Red Bulls a day, and, oh by the way, had a huge coke problem five years ago?

I don't really have that issue at work since dudes with drug problems, even in the past, don't get security clearances and don't work where I work.

I was thinking that drinking Red Bull isnt illegal....That said when I was in my early 20s I took too much NODOZ while working a double shift and really felt like crap, was dizzy, and got sick. That said I figured out how much caffeine I could handle and it didnt happen again.

I was thinking that drinking Red Bull isnt illegal....That said when I was in my early 20s I took too much NODOZ while working a double shift and really felt like crap, was dizzy, and got sick. That said I figured out how much caffeine I could handle and it didnt happen again.

Right, and I'm pretty sure Hamilton knows that he has a condition with his eyes if he over does the caffeine so that won't be a concern come next season. Or, do we have to go over how many times he's successfully passed a drug test since he's been reinstated?

Right, and I'm pretty sure Hamilton knows that he has a condition with his eyes if he over does the caffeine so that won't be a concern come next season. Or, do we have to go over how many times he's successfully passed a drug test since he's been reinstated?

At least we know he doesn't use PEDs ;). Listening to Josh talk about his faith in God, i'm not overly concerned about his past to be honest. I do worry about the damage thats already been done physically. B ut, if he checks out medically with the O's, im not worried about his past.

Well, obviously. Brian McCann didn't have a past track record of an off-the-charts substance abuse problem. Of course he's going to treated differently, as he should be. If you had a clean driving record then got a ticket for going 75 in a 65, they're going to look at it differently than if you got that ticket after three wreckless driving arrests in 2005-07.

Your right, he will get treated differently. OTOH for example, most alcohol related accidents/deaths, are caused by the casual/social drinker, that usually has a clean driving record. Not the alcoholics, that sit at home unable to get off their couch because they're wasted. even though, perception and logic would say otherwise.

What really matters is how he is perceived by PA.....

http://mlbbuzz.yardbarker.com/blog/mlbbuzz/article/source_josh_hamilton_cody_ross_on_orioles_list/12152161

Statistically, the 31-year-old Hamilton is top position player available on the open market.

....In the past, Orioles owner Peter Angelos has emphasized the importance of clean medical records and personal conduct before acquiring players.

Unless Angelos is convinced of Hamilton's health and sobriety it might not matter.

I am seriously starting to doubt your credibility if you tell me where you work they don't give out security clearances based on caffeine intake. :rolleyes:

I never said that, you need to read more closely. I might have some folks who drink energy drinks at work, but none of them had crazy hard drug addiction issues in the recent past.

I never said that, you need to read more closely. I might have some folks who drink energy drinks at work, but none of them had crazy hard drug addiction issues in the recent past.

That doesn't make them a good person. Just like having a past addiction, makes Josh Hamilton a bad one. I worry more about what effects, his past may have had on his body. But, I believe he will not relapse back into drugs.

It's been since Oct. of 2006 since he's had any crazy hard drugs. When does it stop being recent past for you?

Archived