Report: Morosi says a source links us with Hamilton and Ross

Conway12

I liked what Mclouth did for us and all but we are seriously in need of a #4 power hitter. Hamilton is a good fit here and would instantly improve an offense that defied the odds last year. Hamilton would be especially important if Reynolds is brought back because that means there is no upgrade at 1B and it's kind of a mystery what you're gonna get from Mark.

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just give Josh 4 years 100M

It's very unlikely that it would be enough ...it's debatable that 5-6 will be enough....

I'd tell him to stay clean and offer signing bonus $5 mill Yr 1) 28 Yr2) 28 3) 25 4) 25 (auto vesting option based on no drug issues). 5) $20 million 6) 18 million.

You're never a cured addict, only a recovering addict. Never.

From my personal experience, I disagree with that line of thinking. I made poor decisions 15 years ago, paid my debt to society and have not looked back. Some folks here think they have the answers about addiction, but just like anything it is not a one size fit all approach. The thought that someone is always in recovery though bothers me. I see it as a crutch people use to relapse.

Not trying to single you out, as I really enjoy reading your posts. I just wanted to give my two cents from my own experience. At the end of the day, it is about making a decision and living by it. I do not even look at the few years I wasted on drugs as being who I am.

From my personal experience, I disagree with that line of thinking. I made poor decisions 15 years ago, paid my debt to society and have not looked back. Some folks here think they have the answers about addiction, but just like anything it is not a one size fit all approach. The thought that someone is always in recovery though bothers me. I see it as a crutch people use to relapse.

Not trying to single you out, as I really enjoy reading your posts. I just wanted to give my two cents from my own experience. At the end of the day, it is about making a decision and living by it. I do not even look at the few years I wasted on drugs as being who I am.

I 100% agree with this.

Hamilton is high risk/high reward. For a 3 year deal he would be gold IMO. The problem is his personal issues which seem to have led TEX to pass on extending him. I would hope that if DD is interested in Hamilton he has carefully researched the clubhouse issues and the other personal issues. No question the guy has the talent to give us 4-5 yeares of 4 WAR production.

Ugh I'm torn on Hamilton....Part of me is thinking Hamilton is the "history repeat" of the 1966 trade for "an old 30" Frank Robinson that put very good 1964-1965 90-plus win Oriole teams over the top. The other part thinks we really just need a solid Ken Singleton/B.J. Surhoff type (27 HRs/90 RBI, .290 BA) to upgrade the offense and the superstar money for Hamilton just wouldn't be worth it....I guess I'll just trust DD and Buck.

Just rebarfed info on ESPN

The Baltimore Orioles are among the clubs with Josh Hamilton on their shopping list, reports FOXSports.com's Jon Morosi. It's unclear how far the O's might be willing to go to land the top offensive free agent on the market, but one glance at the projected lineup to the right and one can see why owner Peter Angelos might want to open the purse strings a little bit.

For the purposes of this exercise I assumed the health Brian Roberts, which may be a stretch considering his history, and I assumed the club re-signs Mark Reynolds and holds onto J.J. Hardy, leaving Manny Machado at the hot corner.

If Baltimore spends big money on a bat like Hamilton, they might need to acquire starting pitching via trade. Hardy might be their best trade bait.

Not a fan of either guy. Would rather see if they could look at Bay on a cheap year deal with maybe an option for a 2nd. Really none of McLouth, Hamilton, Ross or Bay have me excited. Swisher though is another possible story.

Bay stinks now ... I agree we should Bring back Thome and Sign Bay :rolleyes:

Not a fan of either guy. Would rather see if they could look at Bay on a cheap year deal with maybe an option for a 2nd. Really none of McLouth, Hamilton, Ross or Bay have me excited. Swisher though is another possible story.

Oh yea, why bring back the guy who had a terrible run but seems to have straightened himself out when you can bring back a guy currently in the midst of a career freefall? Bay is going to be lucky to even get a MLB contract offer this offseason, there's no reason at all to even consider a 2nd year option. You only bring him in if he comes almost for free, and then as a Plan G, just in case he somehow figures out what's gone so wrong.

Archived