Wada's Return May Be Sooner than Expected: Showalter

OFFNY

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A 6.11 era does not get you a spot on the 25 man.

Corn's point is a good one, he might be better in relief. Time to find out because the guys we have here already look like much better options.

Of course his contract looks horrible now but I thought it was a risk worth taking at the time. His numbers in Japan were solid.

I bet Jamie Moyer could have gone from AAA and put up solid numbers in Japan last season.

He is Japanese. He probably feels he let the team down and owes us. I bet he will accept a minor league assignment. He can read the stat sheet as well as we can.

I think there is a pretty good chance he does, I wouldn't bet on it tho. I put it around 55/45.

Not looking good but the biggest surprise is the walks and strikeout numbers. It's AAA. If he's healthy and getting stronger we should at least see strong walk:strikeout ratios. There's really been no progress at all, stats wise. I think you'll find out he's had a physical setback of some kind that he hasn't told anyone about.

Suffering from Strop like symptoms?

He is Japanese. He probably feels he let the team down and owes us. I bet he will accept a minor league assignment. He can read the stat sheet as well as we can.

I think there's something to be said for this. The Japanese are very honorable. He very well may put his pride aside and take the minor league option bc he has let us down.

I think there's something to be said for this. The Japanese are very honorable. He very well may put his pride aside and take the minor league option bc he has let us down.

And he has to know if he pitches two solid starts down there we actually WILL bring him up in some capacity. And the Orioles have a solid chance at a playoff spot THIS season.

I think I would stay.

At this point, I would pitch Jake Arrietta, Britton, TJ, Matusz, Hunter all ahead of him. I would probably even start Stintson ahead of him.

If he doesn't accept the option, oh well. See you later.

He would have to be absolutely lights out in these next 2 starts for us to even to even consider him playing for the Orioles this year. His AAA numbers are works than Pattons at AAA when he was a starter. What are we going to do with him if he gets shelled again tonight?

Hope he agrees to a MiLB assignment is my guess.

Archived