Is a move coming? Orioles have outrighted OF Steve Pearce to AAA Norfolk

Greg

My guess is a trade with the cubs involving several players and we get back one more than we give up. Soriano being a part of the trade.

This is pretty far-fetched detective work, but the Cubs did sign OF Nate Schierholtz today.

Any chance the Cubs were waiting on a Garza/Soriano deal til they had roster replacements in place (Jackson, Schierholtz)? Not likely, but hmm... :scratchchinhmm:

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This could just be a coincidence, and there may have been nothing to it to begin with, but a guy I know was at Rocco's in Little Italy for lunch yesterday, and he said that Peter Angelos, Buck Showalter, and somebody who looked like a player were at the next table. He had no idea who the player might have been, though. For all I know, it might have been Mike Bordick.

I would hope this means that the t's are getting crossed on Buck's extension.

Lohse costs a pick. Porcello costs players. Saunders costs money, and nothing else. Plus, he's a local guy that grew up an O's fan.

Saunders, please.

So instead of making the team better... we should just go for the cheapest option on the market. You should seriously apply for a FO position....

If the Os want to get better, at some point we may have to spend $$$ or give up something more in return. I am not saying the time is now but the options are out there.

So instead of making the team better... we should just go for the cheapest option on the market. You should seriously apply for a FO position....

If the Os want to get better, at some point we may have to spend $$$ or give up something more in return. I am not saying the time is now but the options are out there.

Cost vs. Value.

Lohse is not much better than Saunders, he just had a better contract year. Porcello is a pitch-to-contact type of pitcher, which can be dangerous in the AL East. I think he would be fine here, but I'm not sure I would give up Strop to find out.

Saunders isn't an ace, but he is a reliable pitcher. His value increases with a good defense and a solid bullpen behind him. No lost draft pick. No lost talent.

Cost vs. Value.

Was it Mark Teixiera? :laughlol:

If the Os want to get better, at some point we may have to spend $$$ or give up something more in return. I am not saying the time now but the options are out there.

:rofl: I agree with the front office part for sure. A fan that's every idea is centered around cheap dumpster diving motivations. I get neg rep by Icertus for asking if he was Peter Angelos. But sheesh if he's not a Orioles employee planted here to advocate agenda he's been sold the Orange Koolaid. Fermi ....I respect you as a poster and dont me anything harsh with my post here. But I just can't believe why everything is predicated on CHEAP. Proven MLB players cost more cause their production is predictable.

I can imagine scenarios where acquiring Soriano isn't a totally pointless move, but not many.

All depends on the price. He can mash given the right splits and played avg LF last year. LF/DH at A reduced price makes all the sense in the world, or if taking him in a deal gets us another piece from the Cubs. None of the above at full salary though.

All depends on the price. He can mash given the right splits and played avg LF last year. LF/DH at A reduced price makes all the sense in the world, or if taking him in a deal gets us another piece from the Cubs. None of the above at full salary though.

I only have interest in Soriano if the Cubs eat about 80 percent of his deal and he would agree to be he DH. IMO he's another guy who's best days are behind him. Haven't we had enough of that with Vlad, Lee, and Thome. These types of moves never end up being very good and the Orioles always wait far too long to release them.

Isn't it true that teams usually make these moves after the fact? If Pearce was going to accept an assignment after being outrighted then they probably just timed the move for when it would be unlikely he gets claimed.

I don't really expect any imminent additions.

Take it for what it is worth, but I saw this comment on the hardballtalk.com article regarding the Porcello rumors:

It is being reported on Detroit sports radio that theres a rumor of a possible trade in the works between the Orioles and Detroit. Orioles would receive Peralta & Porcello…Detroit would get JJ Hardy. But this comes from a guy that likes to throw stuff against a wall and sees what sticks…if you know what I mean.

If you look on Rochs twitter there is a conversation currently about the Hot Stove saying the team is thinking of trading Hardy for a 5th starter type and a F----- Fat Baby. I'm not certain that Who he's talking about. What interesting is that even with the F Bomb in his handle and using cussing in his tweets Roch is still posting them. Roch seems to be down playing it but ....You'd think he wouldn't bother???

Archived