Vegas over under for Orioles wins 76.5

Ibanezsondajuice

Is anyone else beginning to develop a chip on their shoulder? I definitely am. No, I don't think we're likely to win 93 games again, but the way many people are just dismissing us entirely just ticks me off. It's as if last year is being dismissed as a lousy team getting incredibly lucky and this year they'll be lousy again when their luck returns to normal. Whereas what I see is a team that was much improved and got better as the year went along, that had it's record significantly enhanced by performing well in the close games. There's a big difference between those two views of the team in terms of what it means for 2013. I hope Buck and his boys just make the naysayers feel like absolute fools by the time this season's over.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is anyone else beginning to develop a chip on their shoulder? I definitely am. No, I don't think we're likely to win 93 games again, but the way many people are just dismissing us entirely just ticks me off. It's as if last year is being dismissed as a lousy team getting incredibly lucky and this year they'll be lousy again when their luck returns to normal. Whereas what I see is a team that was much improved and got better as the year went along, that had it's record significantly enhanced by performing well in the close games. There's a big difference between those two views of the team in terms of what it means for 2013. I hope Buck and his boys just make the naysayers feel like absolute fools by the time this season's over.

This is a exactly right. Its easy for national guys to look at the 14 years the O's sucked and simply expect this team to fall back to that. The reality (at least according to me) is that the 2012 team was greatly improved from 2011. Even without the "luck" the national guys keep referring to, this team was a .500 team in my opinion and maybe slightly better in the second half. I think this is a .500 team again this year. Its why I wished that there would have been more action in the offseason. I want them to get back to 93 wins. My fear coming off of the season was that the org was going to believe they are a 93 win team and only needed minor tweaks. Its exactly what they have done. I hope I am wrong. You made a post somewhere else about DD still looking long term and not necessarily at 2013. That could be the case. If this team wins 80 some games I am going to still be excited. I think there is a good nucleus here that could be the foundation of consistent 90 win teams for several years.

Meh. Much like last year, until we start winning, what people think doesn't really bother me. Now...when we were winning and people kept saying that we were lucky, that annoyed me.

If you are a betting man and an Orioles fan, those are odds you've got to like.

As a betting man I love those odds. I think we have created a winning culture that won't go away that quickly. As of today I'd say we won't win as many games as last year, but we will clear .500 easily.

New York Yankees 93.5

Philadelphia Phillies 92.5/93

Los Angeles Angels 92.5

Detroit Tigers 92.5

Texas Rangers 91.5

Boston Red Sox 89.5

San Francisco Giants 87.5

Atlanta Braves 87.5/87

Tampa Bay Rays 87

Cincinnati Reds 86.5

Cleveland Indians 86.5

Arizona Diamondbacks 86

Miami Marlins 84.5

Milwaukee Brewers 83.5

Washington Nationals 82.5/84.5

St. Louis Cardinals 82.5/83

Colorado Rockies 82/81

Los Angeles Dodgers 81

Kansas City Royals 80.5

Toronto Blue Jays 80

Minnesota Twins 75/73

Chicago Cubs 74.5

Chicago White Sox 74

San Diego Padres 73.5

Pittsburgh Pirates 73

Seattle Mariners 72

Oakland A?s 71

New York Mets 70.5

BALTIMORE ORIOLES 69.5

Houston Astros 64.5/64

I'll take the over on that one. I think that the Orioles will win a lot more than 70 games in 2012.

Archived