Ryan Flaherty has to go.

Greg

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am a big Schoop backer but I don't think he is any more ready then Flaherty at this point. I don't think you can throw him in the fire like they did Machado.

I fully agree but what we have right now with Flaherty and Casilla is not a viable option for a contending team, and it never should have been an option (even as backups/reserves) coming into the season. So if you are going to just give up at bats and upside, you might as well see what you have in one of your top prospects.

I anticipate at least one person will point out the silver lining in all those strikeouts - "at least he's not hitting into double plays..." (Frobby?) :)

No. Flaherty looks utterly lost with a bat in his hands right now. And wildcard will vouch that I've always been skeptical about whether his bat was ready for the major leagues.

The fact that they continue to trot this guy out there every night is a total head scratcher as far as I'm concerned. It seems like someone who watches one baseball game a year could see that he is totally overmatched. There are other options at second base, yet they seem content to watch Flaherty fail nightly.

Archived