Ryan Flaherty has to go.

Greg

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anyone Else sick of watching this clown?

If you want to discuss Flaherty's poor start be our guest, but it's a violation of our board rules to call player names. Yes, Flaherty has struggled so far in all of two games. Clearly he must be terrible. :rolleyes:

It's early but Flaherty does look awful. Although Reimold and Hardy aren't much better as the bottom of the order is struggling without Roberts.

This is Flaherty's shot to prove he deserves consistent playing time. Can't afford to see him pull a Nick Johnson in starting the season off slowly...

I'm just excited Roberts will be coming back at some point this season.

Just hope it's permanent so he can replace Flaherty on a daily basis.

I have very little faith in Flaherty, and it's not just because of 2 games to start this year.

Hopefully he will prove us all wrong, but I just don't see it.

I'm just excited Roberts will be coming back at some point this season.

Just hope it's permanent so he can replace Flaherty on a daily basis.

I have very little faith in Flaherty, and it's not just because of 2 games to start this year.

Hopefully he will prove us all wrong, but I just don't see it.

I was suprised that Buck didn't bring in Casilla to field in the 9th. Also suprised he didn't pinch hit Pearce for Mclouth in the 9th too. I don't like Flaherty as a regular at second but I think his bat will come around.

I'd give Flaherty more time, especially because were w/o Roberts and we don't really seem to have a sizable upgrade. He came around last year, hopefully this year he can make the adjustments much quicker. If he is a complete disaster we won't need to find someone that good (ie. Casilla) to have an upgrade.

Flaherty can look real bad when he isnt going good. Got to get his bat going.

How often is his bat going to be going though? Is it worth the wait? What exactly does everyone see in a guy who seems to below average at everything except the occasional homer? He hasn't shown the ability to field, hasn't shown the ability to run, hasn't shown the ability to get on base. His WAR was negative last year and he struck out over 7x more than he walked.

I admit I'm biased, my gut's just been against him from day 1. He's never struck me as anything more than AAAA/utility at best. But so far he hasn't done anything to disprove that. What's the harm in giving Schoop a chance to fail instead?

Archived