Pedro Strop Today, 2013 (Pitching)

OFFNY

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LOL. Yeah, I've noticed! :rolleyes:

There are relievers who are more wild than others. If he sucked so bad last year then why were his numbers so good. The WBC part was his command. Yes he wasn't facing the best but we already know his stuff plays at this level. He was getting everything over in March.

I know that. I am not releasing him this early in the season, that's all. He isn't pitching well, we all can see that. I don't think we have reached a point this early where we have to do that. And I certainly am not going to do that for the arms you mentioned. Keep using him in low leverage spots. Hunter's effectiveness has helped out a lot. Patton messed things up tonight as much as him. Patton has as many walks as last year already this year in 35 less innings.

We'll see. Buck Showalter and Dan Duguette probably agree with you, Eddie. I hope not.

Look he might be done here, it certainly isn't out of the realm of possibility. He hasn't been the same guy since late August. I just would give him a little more time. I think Hunter helps to buy him time.

PEDRO STROP O (vs. BLUE JAYS, 5/23)

IP:. 0.33 *

H:o 1

R:O 2

BB: 2

SO: 2

Pitches: 22 (8 Strikes, 14 Balls)

2013 ERA: 6.11

* Strop entered the game with runners on 1st and 2nd base and two outs.

• 3 weeks later...

Pedro Strop is not a major league pitcher. The Orioles are only deluding themselves by repeating "well he has talent...he throws 97...look at his slider". He is always going to walk batters and get crushed. He will cost the O's more games this year if he continues to have a job with them.

Pedro Strop is not a major league pitcher. The Orioles are only deluding themselves by repeating "well he has talent...he throws 97...look at his slider". He is always going to walk batters and get crushed. He will cost the O's more games this year if he continues to have a job with them.

That's 3 or 4 different threads now where you've popped up just to spout something negative. I'm starting to see a trend.

PEDRO STROP O (vs. ANGELS, 6/12)

IP:. 0.33 *

H:o 3

R:O 4

BB: 1

SO: 0

Pitches: 20 (11 Strikes, 9 Balls)

2013 ERA: 7.58

* Strop entered the game with runners on 1st and 2nd base and no outs.

That's how you have to use Strop at this point. Blowout/comfortable lead, blowout loss, with the bases clear. He's not going to turn it around if he's not used, but I darn sure don't use him in a game that's still in question. Let him rebuild himself and turn it around.

That's how you have to use Strop at this point. Blowout/comfortable lead, blowout loss, with the bases clear. He's not going to turn it around if he's not used, but I darn sure don't use him in a game that's still in question. Let him rebuild himself and turn it around.

He actually looked decent tonight. He needed a quick pitch to get one strikeout, but they weren't getting good swings on him.

Baby steps.

He might have thrown 2 or 3 total pitches in the strike zone tonight and one of them was a hit.

Not entirely sure that was a "positive outing" even though he didn't give up a run.

Why would you throw strikes if you don't have to? That is what makes me angry. When a guy has an 0-2 count and the pitcher throws it right down the middle of the plate. If they are swinging at balls in the dirt you throw them more of the same.

Why would you throw strikes if you don't have to? That is what makes me angry. When a guy has an 0-2 count and the pitcher throws it right down the middle of the plate. If they are swinging at balls in the dirt you throw them more of the same.

The next time they see him odds are he's going to have too.

They swung at a lot of pitches in the 8th when the game was fairly well decided.

At bats tend to get sloppy in a game that's not close.

I'm not suggesting he should throw only strikes, I'm suggesting he should command his pitches.

Just because the tigers chased a bunch of bad pitches tonight doesn't mean everyone will.

He was wild again. He bounced several balls and had a wild pitch. He was all over the place, the tigers just had very poor at bats.

Like I said, I'm not sure how good that performance was despite the "results".

Archived