Dr. James Andrews today. Andrews recommended and administered a PRP (platelet rich plasma) injection

BaltimoreO's

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>From O's: Dylan Bundy saw Dr. James Andrews today. Andrews recommended and administereda PRP (platelet rich plasma) injection.</p>— Steve Melewski (@masnSteve) <a href="

">April 29, 2013</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Dr. Andrews prescribed rest for six weeks. Bundy will rehab inSarasota during this time.</p>— Steve Melewski (@masnSteve) <a href="

">April 29, 2013</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>From O's: Dylan Bundy saw Dr. James Andrews today. Andrews recommended and administereda PRP (platelet rich plasma) injection.</p>— Steve Melewski (@masnSteve) <a href="
">April 29' date=' 2013</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>[/quote']

So treatment was revealed but no diagnosis.

Six weeks rest then rehab for Bundy. (Multiple Twitter sources)

I'm sorry, but this isn't great news to me.

They still don't know exactly what's wrong and why he's having pain. They're just doing this because they don't know what else exactly to do.

Until he's actually out there pitching without pain in 2 months, I'll continue to think this isn't going to end well.

Who knows, maybe platelets is all he needed all along....but until it works, consider me skeptical.

I'm sorry, but this isn't great news to me.

They still don't know exactly what's wrong and why he's having pain. They're just doing this because they don't know what else exactly to do.

Until he's actually out there pitching without pain in 2 months, I'll continue to think this isn't going to end well.

Who knows, maybe platelets is all he needed all along....but until it works, consider me skeptical.

Sounds as though best case is that he misses half the season (figuring on six weeks of rest and a bare minimum of a month after that before returning to competition).

Something that he has been doing has caused a repetitive motion disorder. Hopefully they can calm it down. And then, stop doing whatever that is. Surgery won't fix it, and Advil probably is not enough to control it.

Sounds as though best case is that he misses half the season (figuring on six weeks of rest and a bare minimum of a month after that before returning to competition).

I'm not too sure I care about that part, so long as he's healthy once he starts throwing. He'd still be available to help us in August and September if we had the need, and we wouldn't need to worry about him hitting an innings limit. The main thing is getting him 100% healthy.

Archived