Dr. James Andrews today. Andrews recommended and administered a PRP (platelet rich plasma) injection

BaltimoreO's

You have a guy that is constantly working out using explosive movements with heavy weights. There is little surprise that he is suffering from something that sounds much like tennis elbow.

None of this is to say that he is doing the wrong thing. But when you work out as hard as he does you are bound to get these types of injuries. Usually rest is the cure. The problem is forcing yourself to rest long enough to heal when working like that is such a big part of your life.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would just rather he get the TJ surgery than try to avoid it. Am I crazy?

It doesnt sound like a ligament thing so it probably wouldnt even help the problem, other than giving him a year of rest. This is mildly concerning though, although brittons shoulder seems healthier whether or not its from the prp

Oh OK thanks. I had no idea. I automatically assume TJ surgery when I hear elbow. So wouldn't this be considered good news?

If the pain goes away. I guess so. I don't think that being patient for ten weeks before we ask "How's Bundy?" is what any of us had in mind.

It doesnt sound like a ligament thing so it probably wouldnt even help the problem, other than giving him a year of rest. This is mildly concerning though, although brittons shoulder seems healthier whether or not its from the prp

Yeah, I just get creeped on shoulder issues. Elbows, not as much.

Andrews is the same guy who saw RG3 hobble around in a playoff game and think it was no big deal. From that point on, any time he's taking money from a team instead of a player/agent, I'm going to be leery about what he diagnoses.

I'd just about rule this kid out for Baltimore this year unless he really dominates when he comes back. Let him get his feet back on the ground in the minors and hopefully have some good outings. Then be ready to hit the ground running next year. Remember, he's only 20.

Andrews is the same guy who saw RG3 hobble around in a playoff game and think it was no big deal. From that point on, any time he's taking money from a team instead of a player/agent, I'm going to be leery about what he diagnoses.

He publicly voiced concerns before the playoff game. It was Shanny who didn't take his advice.

I'm not too sure I care about that part, so long as he's healthy once he starts throwing. He'd still be available to help us in August and September if we had the need, and we wouldn't need to worry about him hitting an innings limit.

True, but that's a very big if...or in this case, a very big "as long as."

If I were the wagering type (I'm not), I'd put my money on "doesn't pitch in a game that counts this season."

Archived