Saunders, The Sheriff & Andino: All 3 Improve This Team

Rene88

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Slightly more evidence that points towards Reynolds not being the Uber-Firstbaseman of subjective observation land.

Reynolds had the ability to make easy plays look difficult as he was always falling to the ground to pick up routine plays. I don't see how people think we are missing him as we are scoring a ton of runs. Second in the majors in runs scored. And Reynolds only stuck out last April.

We need a fifth starter so that makes sense that people mention Saunders.

Not a huge saber guy, sorry.

Don't worry about it. UZR/150 is called that because it's only useful after 150 innings of defensive play. Same thing for Defensive Runs Saved Per Year (DRS/yr). 1 month isn't enough time to weigh a player's merits based on those stats.

Don't worry about it. UZR/150 is called that because it's only useful after 150 innings of defensive play. Same thing for Defensive Runs Saved Per Year (DRS/yr). 1 month isn't enough time to weigh a player's merits based on those stats.

Yeah but Reynolds was the worst defensive player of all time the past two seasons by all of our eyes. Reynolds doesn't pass the eye test and he doesn't pass the stat test. And Davis and Machado have been amazing at first and third this season. I don't get it. Can we ever just let Reynolds go?

Yeah but Reynolds was the worst defensive player of all time the past two seasons by all of our eyes. Reynolds doesn't pass the eye test and he doesn't pass the stat test. And Davis and Machado have been amazing at first and third this season. I don't get it. Can we ever just let Reynolds go?

I wasn't commenting on losing Reynolds, just pointing out that those stats were being used incorrectly.

That's incorrect, actually. It's called that because it's their UZR prorated for 150 games. Not innings. Davis is well over 150 innings at 1B anyway.

But yeah, 1 month is pretty early to be concluding much from the stats.

That's incorrect, actually. It's called that because it's their UZR prorated for 150 games. Not innings. Davis is well over 150 innings at 1B anyway.

But yeah, 1 month is pretty early to be concluding much from the stats.

You are correct. That was a brain fart/typo on my part.

Saunders gave up 7 runs in 4.2 innings to Texas and 8 runs in 5 innings to Houston.

Britton gave up 6 runs in 6 innings to Seattle.

Gonzo gave up 5 runs in 5.2 innings to Tampa.

Tillman gave up 5 runs in 3.2 innings to Minnesota.

Stinson gave up 5 runs in 5.2 innings to Toronto.

Arrieta gave up 5 runs in 5 innings to Minnesota and 5 runs in 4 innings to Los Angeles Dodgers.

So Saunders two performances would be our two worst by a starting pitcher as well, or at least two worst plus Tillman's start.

To add to this. Saunders gave up 7 runs in 5 innings to the Blue Jays today. So Saunders would hold three (of four) of the worst performances by a starter if he were an O. He has a 6.15 ERA and a 1.56 WHIP. And he isn't really eating innings on the year.

Archived