vs. ASTROS, 6/05

OFFNY

I understand this, but do you really think we keep wieters after his contract is up? I feel as though he probably is asking for far too much than we are willing to pay. Every team is faced with tough decisions like this. All I am saying is why not try and get something for him while we are in contention rather than wait a couple years.. and who knows where we will be.

Yeah, I think we do. I think that Matt Wieters, even with his current offensive production, is one of the best catchers in the game. I haven't seen any numbers as to what he wants for an extension, so I don't know how you are gauging that estimation. I wouldn't say he was off limits, either, but I wouldn't be shopping him either. I'd personally be happy if MW retires as an Oriole.

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply
in a 9-1, I wish we wouldn't work through our BP. Should of let Steve go til the 8th.

100% agree, in a 162 game season.... you win some you lose some.... fair to say we lost this one, who cares if the game is 100-1, save the BP

Yeah, I think we do. I think that Matt Wieters, even with his current offensive production, is one of the best catchers in the game. I haven't seen any numbers as to what he wants for an extension, so I don't know how you are gauging that estimation. I wouldn't say he was off limits, either, but I wouldn't be shopping him either. I'd personally be happy if MW retires as an Oriole.

that is fair..... I haven't seen any numbers either, I just feel like if he wanted to be an oriole he would have reached a contract by now (similar to the adam jones situation) if he wasnt asking for a hefty contract, I feel as though he would have already reached an agreement. I know he brings alot to this team, however, I feel our chance is now and I just don't want to wait untill it is too late

And lets be honest.... Wieters has seemed to get progressively worse offensively each year. There's plenty of catch-and-throw guys that can hit .220 I'd have to guess. Why pay a guy 10+ million for it just because the hype that he has fallen so hilariously short of?

thank you

The Mets' dormant offense came alive big-time tonight against the Nationals:

http://scores.espn.go.com/mlb/boxscore?gameId=330605120

10-1 Mets, in the top of the 9th.

They made sure that there wouldn't be a repeat of last night, when they took a 2-1 lead into the 9th inning and blew it. ;)

I remember a game many years ago, It was St. Louis vs, I want to say the Mets but I'm not sure. It was something like 9-1 or 10-1 going into the ninth. The Mets got it to 10-9 and had the tieing run on 3rd but didn't get the last run in and lost 10-9.

And lets be honest.... Wieters has seemed to get progressively worse offensively each year. There's plenty of catch-and-throw guys that can hit .220 I'd have to guess. Why pay a guy 10+ million for it just because the hype that he has fallen so hilariously short of?

If you're being honest, why not use actual numbers and not thinks like how you think a player "seems" - especially one who you seem to inexplicably hate.

I remember a game many years ago' date=' It was St. Louis vs, I want to say the Mets but I'm not sure. It was something like 9-1 or 10-1 going into the ninth. The Mets got it to 10-9 and had the tieing run on 3rd but didn't get the last run in and lost 10-9.[/quote']

i hope this doesn't happen tonight... I don't have time for that ****

Archived