vs. MARINERS, 8/04

OFFNY

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Shutdown inning time. In other words, the same thing. Chen's been doing all game.

He started the inning by striking out Smoak on 3 pitches .......

but just walked Saunders on 4 pitches right after that.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• I’d prefer they trade value to get a starter from a team like Seattle. If Seattle hopes to be competitive in the playoffs they will need to find some more offense. 
    • He didn’t execute it last night but Mullins tried to bunt last night. I hope we see him trying to do more of that.  I know teams will try to take it away often but when he has the opportunity to do it, I hope he tries because he’s an accomplished bunter.
    • Print the playoff tickets! Sorry, old habits die hard. 🙂
    • At #22 if Rainer or Bonemer are there you might consider what their respective $ numbers are and see if you can go underslot. This may work better for Bonemer (committed to UVA) than Rainer (committed to Texas) in the era of NIL.  If either Griffin or Morlando fall to #22 I would take them. I doubt that happens, however. Another consideration is to go with a toolsy HS OF at 32. 6 of the top 10 HS players on PG list are OF. I like Noah Franco from IMG Academy at 32. "Noah Franco is a 2024 OF/LHP, 1B with a 6-3 192 lb. frame from Bradenton, FL who attends IMG Academy. Taller and high waisted frame with extra long limbs for the height. Ran a 6.52 in the sixty yard dash. A primary outfielder with really good instincts. Long strides and good routes, working through the ball with a fluid and clean funnel to release. Big arm strength at 96 mph. Lots of feel. Also has good ability at first base and the arm also plays extremely well there. A left-handed swing, the wrists are elite allowing him to flick the barrel with authority late in the process. All fields approach and lift and carry to the process. Hammered balls in game. A left-handed pitcher, loose arm action with big upside and the ball comes out clean and down hill. Ride to the heater when down. Lands the curveball and change up and sequences his three pitch mix well. Excellent athlete and the highest level 2-way potential at the next level. Excellent student. Named to the PG All-American Classic." https://www.perfectgame.org/Rankings/Players/NationalRankings.aspx?gyear=2024  
    • What are we talking about here, that heavier baseballs thrown slightly slower will not really be any harder or different for pitchers, because there a lot of QBs who can throw 60? While the energy is comparable, I think there are a lot of variables not accounted for here. Like, the pitching motion is substantially different from a QB's throwing motion. I'm guessing the QB takes a few steps, he's not throwing from a mound, he probably uses slightly different muscle groups. Also, QBs throw at something less than max effort a large percentage of the time, at least outside of combine drills for max velocity. I think it's very much an open question as to whether a heavier baseball would impact injuries or fatigue. Although I'm not quite sure which way. My own datapoint is that trying to throw a very light whiffleball at max effort for very long hurt my shoulder a lot.
    • You’re allowed to have that opinion, but in this instance I wanna see some checks handed out from Rubenstein. The t shirts is a good gesture and a good PR move. Let’s see him spend some of our profits for a WS.  I also agree that Scherzer is a big move for the postseason, but it’s only those 10-12 regular season starts. Which are all huge btw. 
  • Popular Contributors