When do you consider benching Markakis?

xKHx

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
After all of the failures to find a LFer, people will appreciate the consistency Nick put up in RF when he's gone.

Not if they draft/develop or trade wisely. Even halfway wisely. Look, what he provided - in a power position - is not at all hard to reproduce. C'mon now.

Now that he hit #9 does everyone still want him benched?
This is why you're patient with a guy with a track record like Nick's. I have to be honest though, I'm kind of surprised he still had it in him to hit a home run. He looked so weak lately. Good to see and I hope he keeps it going. The rout is on this afternoon.

This is why you're patient with a guy with a track record like Nick's. I have to be honest though, I'm kind of surprised he still had it in him to hit a home run. He looked so weak lately. Good to see and I hope he keeps it going. The rout is on this afternoon.

Hope this game is a catalyst to get us on a roll.

Now that he hit #9 does everyone still want him benched?

One game does not make up for two months. Nick is one of my favorite players so I am not rooting against him. Hope this is a sign of him coming out of it. To those saying Matt Wieters is more of a problem with his stats need to look at league average stats for each position. OPS RF for the league is 744. OPS for catchers for the league 710. MW is batting 718 above league average for the season and 773 ops since the All-star break! Nick is batting (OPS) 587 since all star break and 692 for the year you tell me who hurts what area more?

One game does not make up for two months. Nick is one of my favorite players so I am not rooting against him. Hope this is a sign of him coming out of it. To those saying Matt Wieters is more of a problem with his stats need to look at league average stats for each position. OPS RF for the league is 744. OPS for catchers for the league 710. MW is batting 718 above league average for the season and 773 ops since the All-star break! Nick is batting (OPS) 587 since all star break and 692 for the year you tell me who hurts what area more?

Markakis is much better at framing his catches.

Not if they draft/develop or trade wisely. Even halfway wisely. Look, what he provided - in a power position - is not at all hard to reproduce. C'mon now.

I really don't care if Nick doesn't provide power in a power position. He's been a solid player. If he's not so hard to reproduce, then tell me who was the last Orioles starting RF before Nick?

Nick Markakis has been a starter on my Fantasy Baseball team literally every day since the season opener. I finally benched him today.

You're welcome, Nick! :2yay-thumb:

I benched him last week but started him again when Carlos Gomez went down. Had him in the lineup today!

Archived