When do you consider benching Markakis?

xKHx

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I really don't care if Nick doesn't provide power in a power position. He's been a solid player. If he's not so hard to reproduce, then tell me who was the last Orioles starting RF before Nick?

I remember Gibbons for one season, and then there was the guy the Yankee kid stole the ball from in the playoffs and the only one I remember before that was Joe Orsulak. Anyone know what he's up to these days?

Yep. Gibbons had a 2 WAR in 05 and didn't even reach 4 in his career. Nicks been worth 20 WAR since he became the starting RF. I just don't think what Nicks done is as easy to reproduce as the other poster said.

Well if Nick could have played left field then Gibbons wouldn't have had to move. :P

Nick hasn't had a 3 win season since 2008.

Yep. Gibbons had a 2 WAR in 05 and didn't even reach 4 in his career. Nicks been worth 20 WAR since he became the starting RF. I just don't think what Nicks done is as easy to reproduce as the other poster said.
Well, no, it isn't. But what he's done this year is pretty easy to reproduce. :)

Yeah, citing Markakis's career WAR is pretty misleading. Everybody agrees that the 2007-2008 Markakis would be a great player to have, but he hasn't been that player in a long time, and while he's been solid until this year, I think it's definitely a position where we could see an upgrade in a couple years.

Must be using again. Homer and a double today.:rolleyes:

Nah I think he read this thread LOL Buck said he actually thought about giving him the day off but kept him in for the glove due to the bad sun and out of no where Nick's bat wakes up.

Could not be happier for Nick keep it going :2yay-thumb:

Markakis has always had the OBP component of his game. Sure his slugging is down this year but it's his inability to get on base that is really hurting the offense as he was supposed to be one of the guys that got on ahead of Davis and Jones. Hopefully further down in the order he can rediscover his stroke and approach like he did today. The Orioles need his on-base ability more than they need the power.

This all started Friday when I reminded Frobby that he was a magician with the bat.

I thought it was really ironic that two of the stars from this weekend was: Nick and B-Rob.

I was happy to finally see Nick getting back to what he is normally capable of.

B-Rob and his grand slammy was pretty good for somebody hitting the bottom of the lineup.

It just shows what this lineup from 1-9 is capable of!!!!!!!!

Jim Hunter announced that the slump is over, I guess that makes it official.

Not really. It's great Nick got his first homerun and double in forever. But I have a newsflash for everyone. The game was already a laugher.

It would be nice to get those hits when the game is close.

Not really. It's great Nick got his first homerun and double in forever. But I have a newsflash for everyone. The game was already a laugher.

It would be nice to get those hits when the game is close.

I saw somebody posted elsewhere a comment about how Nick was starting to stroke the ball in batting practice, which was a sign he was coming back around.

Archived