13 (91 Strikes, 4 Balls)

14 (11 Strikes, 3 Balls)

18 (11 Strikes, 7 Balls)

Good job Tilly.

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Sheesh. Once again, I do not mean any offense Tony, and this was in no way a personal shot at you. "Skepticism" was apparently too harsh of an adjective here. My apologies. And I am not suggesting you weren't aware of his age or upside. Of course not. Nor am I trying to take any credit for pointing out his age. I never said that and I'm not sure how you're taking that from what I wrote.  Just a side note: I feel like I've been getting a lot of downvotes from you lately, and I even tried really hard to explain that I was in the wrong with the Basallo post I referenced, and was right to get a slap on the wrist. I'm not sure where I went wrong of late, but I hope I can get out of the doghouse at some point. I feel like my posts are being written one way and read another way that I'm not intending, so maybe I need to evaluate how I'm wording things. 
    • Thanks for the kudos, all! Last year, at A+, Basallo slugged .688 w/ an OPS of 1.131. At the age of 18.  That OPS put him 5th overall (minimum 50 PA). The names ahead of him (in parenthesis are prospect rankings for 2024): Xavier Isaac (#43 prospect overall) - 19 years old Aaron Palensky - 24 years old Jonathan Clase - 21 years old Agustin Ramirez - 21 years old That's it. Behind him were names like: Drew Gilbert (#39), Wyatt Langford (#6 before season started, 21 y/o), Junior Caminero (#2), Colson Montgomery (#9), Matt Shaw (#40), James Wood (#3), Jett Williams (#31)...I can keep going.  https://milbtracker.com/hitter-stats?levels[0]=A%2B&sort=ops&sort_direction=desc&org=&timeframe=2023&min_walk_percentage=0&max_strike_out_percentage=100&paginate=612
    • I'll be honest, he's surprised me a bit with his defense and speed this year. His spring speed is 67th percentile and better yet, he's looked pretty decent, if not a little awkward, even while playing giant left field in Camden yards. Now, saying that, his reaction times have been quite poor (-2.9 ft/sec) and his burst is not great (-1.1 ft) but his routes have been pretty good and he's still getting used to MLB stadiums with upper decks. Heck, he even maxed at a 96.1 MH throw which is more arm strength then I've seen before.  So I have to give him some credit for doing some things this offseason to better his defensive abilities. Even Colton Cowser, who is is 9 OAA this year in the outfield and covers 34.8 ft/sec (1.3 ft better than average) was 1-.2 last year so sometimes it takes a bit.  Is Kjerstad better suited for RF than LF in Camden Yards, sure, but his defense has actually been ok out there. He's playable and should get better.  
    • Not interested in any of those guys. Tallion is no better than Irvin or Suarez
    • Kremer hasn't been very good at Norfolk. How much longer can he stay there? Maybe we make two trips through the rotation until the All Star break. I also wonder if Burnes makes the AL squad, and he almost certainly will, does that mean he has to skip that last Sunday start?
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now