Oh No Oh No Oh No (Machado injured)

JohnnyO'sFan

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Doesn't sound good. Ugh!!! This whole thing makes me sick.

http://brittghiroli.mlblogs.com/2013/09/23/machado-exits-with-injury/

Fortunately, I don't read anything in there we haven't heard already. Heck, Buck would not even say it was season ending (yes, we all know it is), so it is probably still just a case of a diagnosis.

When the diagnosis does come out, I respectively request the input form Cgordos, absolutely trust his assessments of the possibilities.

Where was the personal attack? If there was any, I think it is this post.

First of all how come me bringing up this point has to do with me being negative and uniformed and what not? Weams thinks for joining in and adding alot, but not facts just your opinion.

My whole point is I'm not being negative, I HOPE Manny isn't hurt but this type of stuff happens when managers ride players hard. If it doesn't then why have innings limits on starters in the Minor Leauges. I love how everyones first response is to attack me instead of talking about facts or different sides of the story. I'm pretty sold on getting a plus membership as having being an avid reader and now new poster for years. But now I don't know. Sorry but Buck playing 5 guys more than 150+ games when the next manager has 2 does have some barring in this arguement.

And to the poster that said Machado had the fewest chances, so does that take away from him running all to RF all the time.

These aren't players in a video game. They get fatigued. And when you push them too far they get hurt. You all want to have some gang up mentatlity. I don't wanna join that. I wanna talk about facts.

What about Betemit? He tore it in spring training and made it back the same season.

He tore his PCL. The PCL if not completely torn will heal on its own. The ACL will not. If you google it you'll find more info, but the basic idea is the ACL does not have enough blood flow to induce clotting, and the fluid in the knee that occurs naturally is an anti-coagulant. The ACL must be replaced after usually a 30% or greater tear, depending on the doctor's evaluation.

As an aside, I found some of your posts in this thread to be so grossly ignorant. Please do some reading.

Sorry MSK: Tryin to chill but no luck. Not with all the omens of what happened tonight to our beloved 3B man. There comes a time when you need to push denial to the side and face reality. (I certainly home I am wrong and we get a good report on him tomorrow but my heart is very heavy right now).

My heart is not heavy at all. I hate it and pray for a fast recovery and a healthy

Manny. My heart gets heavy when I lose a family member or close friend. I am

sorry this happened to him though just like any player.

First of all how come me bringing up this point has to do with me being negative and uniformed and what not? Weams thinks for joining in and adding alot, but not facts just your opinion.

My whole point is I'm not being negative, I HOPE Manny isn't hurt but this type of stuff happens when managers ride players hard. If it doesn't then why have innings limits on starters in the Minor Leauges. I love how everyones first response is to attack me instead of talking about facts or different sides of the story. I'm pretty sold on getting a plus membership as having being an avid reader and now new poster for years. But now I don't know. Sorry but Buck playing 5 guys more than 150+ games when the next manager has 2 does have some barring in this arguement.

And to the poster that said Machado had the fewest chances, so does that take away from him running all to RF all the time.

These aren't players in a video game. They get fatigued. And when you push them too far they get hurt. You all want to have some gang up mentatlity. I don't wanna join that. I wanna talk about facts.

You all? Who said you were negative?

You assigning blame to Buck when it was an accident is a reach. Some have

pointed out that many

Please let it go man. You've made your point. Some people agree with you and others don't. That's the way of the world.

So by let it go you mean stop saying that a tired player, got hurt on a routine play, after playing a ton of innnings the last few games/season.

Alright so Machado got rode hard and put away wet and now he's on the shelf with a serious injury. Yeah let's not blame our Buck who literally rides our guys into the ground. Well at least DD is winning with the "sweater vest's" players. Well except for Gonzo, Valencia, Feldman and Norris.

So it's ok to hate Mcphail but we have to not criticize Buck and DD? Two guys that couldn't find jobs for a decade?

So by let it go you mean stop saying that a tired player, got hurt on a routine play, after playing a ton of innnings the last few games/season.

Alright so Machado got rode hard and put away wet and now he's on the shelf with a serious injury. Yeah let's not blame our Buck who literally rides our guys into the ground. Well at least DD is winning with the "sweater vest's" players. Well except for Gonzo, Valencia, Feldman and Norris.

So it's ok to hate Mcphail but we have to not criticize Buck and DD? Two guys that couldn't find jobs for a decade?

I think it's been said more than a few times. We hear you! Some agree, others don't . But for gods sake let it go!

DAMN THAT BUCK SHOWALTER!

He put that base there ON PURPOSE! He knew, KNEW that Manny would want to put his foot on it!

Archived