Oh No Oh No Oh No (Machado injured)

JohnnyO'sFan

I really wish some of us would stop acting as if Machado is dead.

We don't even have a medical report on the situation.

Can we chill?

MSK

Sorry MSK: Tryin to chill but no luck. Not with all the omens of what happened tonight to our beloved 3B man. There comes a time when you need to push denial to the side and face reality. (I certainly home I am wrong and we get a good report on him tomorrow but my heart is very heavy right now).

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh no that long walk from third to the dug out. I wonder how third base coaches make it at their advanced ages.

You don't think that mileage adds up over an 18 inning game and your first time playing 162? Buck asked his players how they felt, and didn't give them rest. Now our 21 star has a leg injury. Step out of fantasy land. You're right I'm blaming Buck. Players need rest. If you gotta tell yourself that Buck is the greatest thing since sliced Earl Weaver that's fine. I on the other hand like to evaluate a manager on their actions. And that action is over working the regulars in the lineup.

Obviously this is an awful day for the Orioles and us fans. Just to set the record straight on a few posts, Manny dislocated his patella when he was in Delmarva. At the time, they thought it could be a reoccurring injury and it was heredity if I remember correctly.

Honestly, I hope this is just a reinjury of that because a major ACL would limit him for at least part of next season. Either way, my prayers are wit the young man!

Nobody is saying his career is over. People are understandably reacting to a gruesome injury to a star player that is the heart and soul of this team. It also happens to be in the midst of a massively frustrating stretch run. Even if he is back in April it is tough to watch that kind of injury happen to one of your favorite players. And of course any injury like that, we all know there is a real risk that he will miss some serious time.

What else can he say? Holy crap we are screwed Manny wont be back? Are you

just trying to find something to be critical about Buck? Sounds like it to me.

It wasn't a criticism of Buck. I, like most people who watched the postgame interview, was hoping to hear some positive news. Hearing Buck say what he said just kept the possibility of a serious injury still in play.

You don't think that mileage adds up over an 18 inning game and your first time playing 162? Buck asked his players how they felt, and didn't give them rest. Now our 21 star has a leg injury. Step out of fantasy land. You're right I'm blaming Buck. Players need rest. If you gotta tell yourself that Buck is the greatest thing since sliced Earl Weaver that's fine. I on the other hand like to evaluate a manager on their actions. And that action is over working the regulars in the lineup.

Just before the injury the Rays announcers were talking about how few chances he'd had in the series. The fatigue argument just doesn't hold water. It's not something worth going to the mattresses over.

So if that was your point why did you just revert to personal criticism to try and prove it? If you're clearly so right, why even explain it now? All I'm saying is that when people are overworked and tired "freak" injury chances increase. And I pointed out that Manny had to run across the field how many times? Something those other players didn't have to do. Plus he has played a ton more innings than he has ever played before.

-He had to ton more running than anyone on the team. And yes by baseball standards sprinting to the opposite field is a ton.

-He has never played this many innings in his career.

I'm not saying Buck is the whole reason this happened. But he has to take a majority of the blame. He has literally rode the players into the ground. Funny you bring up Weiters. What's he batting this year? Hasn't he been rumored to be dealing with a shoulder issue but back just keeps running him out there? Our whole lineup is fatigued and now we finally have an injury and it is lunacy to criticize the manager.

Where was the personal attack? If there was any, I think it is this post.

So if that was your point why did you just revert to personal criticism to try and prove it? If you're clearly so right, why even explain it now? All I'm saying is that when people are overworked and tired "freak" injury chances increase. And I pointed out that Manny had to run across the field how many times? Something those other players didn't have to do. Plus he has played a ton more innings than he has ever played before.

-He had to ton more running than anyone on the team. And yes by baseball standards sprinting to the opposite field is a ton.

-He has never played this many innings in his career.

I'm not saying Buck is the whole reason this happened. But he has to take a majority of the blame. He has literally rode the players into the ground. Funny you bring up Weiters. What's he batting this year? Hasn't he been rumored to be dealing with a shoulder issue but back just keeps running him out there? Our whole lineup is fatigued and now we finally have an injury and it is lunacy to criticize the manager.

You're not even grasping at this rate, the straws are a dot to you.

Obviously this is an awful day for the Orioles and us fans. Just to set the record straight on a few posts, Manny dislocated his patella when he was in Delmarva. At the time, they thought it could be a reoccurring injury and it was heredity if I remember correctly.

Honestly, I hope this is just a reinjury of that because a major ACL would limit him for at least part of next season. Either way, my prayers are wit the young man!

If it was his patella would his leg be... contorting like that? I'd like to buy into your wishful thinking but my first, non-medical-degreed thought was, ligament.

If it was his patella would his leg be... contorting like that? I'd like to buy into your wishful thinking but my first, non-medical-degreed thought was, ligament.

But I should add I welcome the thoughts of unfortunate souls who've injured any of these things. Well the Orioles will surely tell us more soon anyway.

Well Cal sure needed a lot of rest.

You know, it's stuff like this that really makes you realize just how lucky Cal was. It's not like he didn't have freak accidents (getting rolled on his knee during that brawl, getting punched in the face during an All Star photo, etc) but he always managed to shake it off pretty fast (or in the case of the knee, having a convenient non-game to get a day of rest).

Archived