Is Wieters Worth $100 Million?

Bradysburns

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like Wieters. But i wouldn't give him anything close to that contract. He will probably get this kind of money from some team just not us. I don't know if anyone will give us a good deal to acquire him and it most likely will come down to us getting a pick when he walks. Ill just enjoy him as an Oriole as long as he is here

Braves just did, to a remarkably similar player compared to Wieters. MLB market doesn't tend to "regress" at least that I am aware of...just the opposite actually.

The Yanks (I guess who you meant) gave a 5 year contract to a guy who can actually hit/DH if need be. While dollar amounts may be high, teams are trending away from longer term deals (i.e the 7 years mentioned per this thread) . I highly doubt that Wieters would get a 7 year deal contract offer if he were a FA today.

Maps offense is on a downward trend the past three seasons like a hitter 10 or more years older than he actually is. For the Orioles to sign him to an extension would, in my opinion, be a big mistake. Rick Dempsey with power is not worth a nine figure contract.

Glad DD has to make that choice and not me.

Archived