Is Wieters Worth $100 Million?

Bradysburns

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>If it's 89 million, that's pushing it up to 100 million in value when you consider the pick.</p>— Dan Szymborski (@DSzymborski) <a href="

">November 23, 2013</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Man. It gets worse.

I don't pretend to know enough about how they judge Catcher defense to answer that question.

I wasn't trying to correct you I was just showing that the metrics were inconsistent in their findings.

I think he clearly wasn't as good as in 2011-2012 but I don't think you call him below average without giving weight to some questionable stuff like CERA and Pitch Framing analysis.

I didn't take offense, I just thought you might know. I'm confounded by all the defensive metrics at times. Whatever helps bring clarity to the matter. When I read what FRAA was I thought it made sense.

That said, I'd like to see at least two reporting agencies have a somewhat similar number.

Ok it is 6/100 now.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Source: McCann deal with <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Yankees&src=hash">#Yankees</a> is 5/85 with sixth-year vesting option that could bring it to 6/100.</p>— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) <a href="

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Yankees/McCann deal will have 6th year option to take it to $100M. He will be a yankee</p>— Jon Heyman (@JonHeymanCBS) <a href="

It's done.

Full No Trade Clause.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Full no-trade for mccann in yankee deal</p>— Jon Heyman (@JonHeymanCBS) <a href="

Beltran and Tanaka to follow. Meanwhile DD is pondering Roberts and Mclouth. This is just the start of another disappointing winter.

Eh, unlike McPhail (who looking back got us some good players for our current team), I trust DD to strike when the time is right. He has made deals at the deadlines, some good and some bad, and made splashes when necessary. If we do not get Beltran and Tanaka, it will not be because DD is worried about Roberts and McClouth.

This won't be like when we took a month to finalize Conine's deal and didn't do anything else.

Yup. It really is getting sad. Every off-season the exact same thing happens.

Not as recently as 2011, when we got Reynolds, Hardy, Lee, Vlad, etc. Not saying that was the best off-season (besides Hardy and maybe Reynolds) but we have had active offseasons in the past.

Archived