Like Father Like Son Angelos Family

Greg

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I didn't say anything about the playoffs. Sustained success should mean trips to the playoffs.

I was talking about winning titles.

And I addressed titles in regard to the three they've won in my lifetime, but none for anyone 29 or younger.

Sorry, I replied to Tony and kinda skimmed all the other new posts. :o

I would rather roll the dice with the younger Angelos then with an owner who doesn't have an ownership stake in MASN.

Not sure I get this. Why wouldn't a new owner have a stake in MASN?

That doesn't mean the O's can't win the World Series. If the O's can drAft well and

grow their team like Tampa has done. Just because the Angelos family is tight

with their money doesn't mean the team is doomed. Gosh. The pessimism on this

board because Angelos won't spend is just being silly. Go back when he did

spend on the team. They didnt win. Get into the playoffs last two years. Now

some go bonkers because of a write up in some magazine. Sorry

Money ball doesn't win you a WS. You gotta spend to win a WS. Money ball will get you into the playoffs nothing more.

And I addressed titles in regard to the three they've won in my lifetime, but none for anyone 29 or younger.

Not sure I get this. Why wouldn't a new owner have a stake in MASN?

Because the two entities are not tied together. The Angelos family could sell the team and hold on to the MASN stake or they could sell MASN to another entity and keep the team. (I think MLB is trying to get them to do the latter)

Money ball doesn't win you a WS. You gotta spend to win a WS. Money ball will get you into the playoffs nothing more.

The postseason shortcomings of teams like the A's and Rays tend to support your argument. However I still have to think that if you have a team that wins 95 or so games in the regular season, they should have as good a shot as any team at winning the World Series. Yet it hasn't worked out that way. Although the Rays did go to a World Series.

So your argument is buy lottery tickets?

Good idea. The money that was to be spent on Balfour could be used for buying powerball tickets. Just think of how good our odds would be if we bought 14 million dollar in tickets. The people behind us in line at the 7-11 might get annoyed though. If we won we could afford the next Cano. If we lose all we are out is 14 million.

The postseason shortcomings of teams like the A's and Rays tend to support your argument. However I still have to think that if you have a team that wins 95 or so games in the regular season, they should have as good a shot as any team at winning the World Series. Yet it hasn't worked out that way. Although the Rays did go to a World Series.

By beating the big spending Red Sox in the ALCS I might add.

Because the two entities are not tied together. The Angelos family could sell the team and hold on to the MASN stake or they could sell MASN to another entity and keep the team. (I think MLB is trying to get them to do the latter)

I understand that, but if you were the new owner would you buy one without the other?

I understand that, but if you were the new owner would you buy one without the other?

What if they sell off MASN before the team? Would you refuse to buy the team because MediaGiantA owns MASN?

I think any prospective owner would of course prefer to purchase both, but it may not be an option. Teams don't end up on the market very often, if your dream is to own a team...

Sorry, I replied to Tony and kinda skimmed all the other new posts. :o

I would rather roll the dice with the younger Angelos then with an owner who doesn't have an ownership stake in MASN.

At this point, I am ready to take a chance on him. Kinda of hard to be worse than what we got.

does sound like he can run an organization, so that has to be a big plus.

At this point, I am ready to take a chance on him. Kinda of hard to be worse than what we got.

does sound like he can run an organization, so that has to be a big plus.

Based on what? Better the devil we don't really know? What do we really know about how either of the boys would run things? Will they be "Angelos-lite "similar to how the Steinbrenner boys don't have all the baggage of their late father? Or will they be mini-me's?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/tkmi_UTsjtE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Archived