Like Father Like Son Angelos Family

Greg

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Boooooooooo

My gosh. My wife is due to give birth to a baby boy in mid-Feb. I'm seriously having doubts about raising him as an O's fan if the Angelos family is going to own the team for the 50 years.

I keep telling myself that Petey can't live forever and we'll eventually have a different owner? I will be despondent if there is not a change of ownership in the next decade.

My gosh. My wife is due to give birth to a baby boy in mid-Feb. I'm seriously having doubts about raising him as an O's fan if the Angelos family is going to own the team for the 50 years.

I keep telling myself that Petey can't live forever and we'll eventually have a different owner? I will be despondent if there is not a change of ownership in the next decade.

Congrats buddy, that is awesome. It's a game, it should be fun. When you start questioning that, you are an Orioles fan:)

Ha! Yeah, I was born in '76 and grew up next to Memorial Stadium. My dad lived there because he loved the O's so much. He could never have imagined this current franchise. Back then it was one of the best franchises in sports.

One of my best friends has worked the souvenir stands at O's games for decades. He just gave me a bin of O's stuff for a baby. I look at that bin and wonder. Dark times for O's fans right now. This offseason has opened some old scars.

You do know only one team wins a year right? So even if titles were evenly distributed you are looking at two maybe three titles in a fan's life right?

You build the team to get to the playoffs then you roll the dice and take your shot. This isn't the NBA, a team can't cost through the regular season then make the playoffs. (cept the Tigers in 2012)

Four trips to the playoffs and one world series in 31 seasons should be enough for any fan?

I guess if my son wants to see the Orioles win the world series, he has to wait until I assume room temperature in the interest of fairness. After all, I've been alive for all three, even though I had just started kindergarten during the first one. Hopefully the people who were only around for 1983 also get one or two more after I'm gone.

The Orioles had the playoff dice in their hands once since 1997. Fans deserve another roll at the craps table instead of ....well, just crap.

There goes my last ray of hope for the future of this team.

That doesn't mean the O's can't win the World Series. If the O's can drAft well and

grow their team like Tampa has done. Just because the Angelos family is tight

with their money doesn't mean the team is doomed. Gosh. The pessimism on this

board because Angelos won't spend is just being silly. Go back when he did

spend on the team. They didnt win. Get into the playoffs last two years. Now

some go bonkers because of a write up in some magazine. Sorry

I'm not real excited about the Angelos boys ownership era. But can it be worse than their fathers work? Lord I hope not. But I think we can put to bed the idea that Angelos will be selling the team.

Most of the time it doesn't work, but clearly Irsay in Indy is way better than Daddy Irsay.

Archived