Source: O's working on Fernando Rodney...

Bazooka Jones

I had other offers on the table and other teams telling me that I didn't have to take a physical because they believed in my medicals and everything that they'd heard, that I didn't even have to go and take a physical with them.

Maybe The Dr. is really sticking it out there.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chiming in on page 14 to say I'd really like to sign Rodney*

*as long as he's used as a situational reliever and NOT our closer.

Count me as one of the many that hates abandoning matching up because of the false notion that every team needs a go to closer. Rodney has filthy stuff. Control has always been his issue. I'd like him as one arm to choose from in the pen.

So you think DD signed Balfour without PA's approval? And now we're penny pinching because Angelos, like, woke up or something? That's quite a conspiracy theory.

I have no idea what actually happened but it doesn't make sense if penny pinching Tampa had no problems with his medicals.

What does Adam Jones extension have to do with this offseason? Things have changed in Angelos World since then.

So there was some fundamental sea change between May and December? Care to clue us in on what happened? Did missing the playoffs cause it? Was the series finale of Breaking Bad to blame? Something he ate?

So there was some fundamental sea change between May and December? Care to clue us in on what happened? Did missing the playoffs cause it? Was the series finale of Breaking Bad to blame? Something he ate?

Obviously Angelos feels broke after the Adam Jones extension.

I find it interesting that Roch's source says talks are heating up while Connolly and Ghirolli's source says the two parties haven't talked in weeks.

I think Britt and Dan spoke to Duquette. Based on recent events, Duquette does not want to give the slightest impression that there is movement toward a deal. He does not want to get burned for the 3rd time this offseason.

I think Roch is just bored.

He's just stirring the pot. That is all. Can't see us really signing Rodney unless it's a cheap deal.

This is vintage Orioles right here. Have the guy who lead the league in Saves the past two seasons and trade him. Go after Balfour, screw that up, let the Rays get him (after they already got Heath Bell) and then go after the guy the Rays don't want who will be 37 on opening day.

Damn.

Archived