Do you want Burnett?

DrLev

Should the O's acquire Burnett?  

182 members have voted

1. 1. Should the O's acquire Burnett?

• Yes
    • No

I think my local radio news mocked the Orioles tonight. They did the sports segment and at the end they said "The Baltimore Orioles have signed veteran Alex Gonzalez to a minor league contract".

This is old news why would they rehash it now? They announced it a week ago. I really thought I was going to hear a pitcher was signed after they said the word veteran.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Today I was asked by a MFY fan if we had made any moves this winter and then asked if I really want to sign Burnett. Ugh. I just want to watch O's baseball.

That is because Yankee fans are only cognizant of things Yankee. They hear Burnett and think of the two down years he had in pinstripes not the very good season he had last year.

If they give Yoon Suk-min 2/10 then cry poor I will be very irritated.

Agreed. If they sign Min and then sign Burnett, I would definitely feel a bit better about this offseason. I get the feeling we will sign Min and a guy like Capuano and call it a day...and I will not be thrilled with that.

That is because Yankee fans are only cognizant of things Yankee. They hear Burnett and think of the two down years he had in pinstripes not the very good season he had last year.

Yeah I get that but it was still a reminder that this offseason didn't exactly having me brimming with hope.

Archived