Markakis add 15-20 LBs of muscle

Roll Tide

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Every off-season with his winterization look, I picture him having had some type of Rocky IV workout, maybe he actually did it this time.

Love watching him swing the bat, swinging with authority again would be great to see.

Getting more and more excited about this year!

By the way, at Fanfest Buck said that Nick routinely starts the season at about 210 lbs. and ends the year at about 197. He loses 13 lbs. or so during the year. Buck said he was at about 220 now. So, he's not 15-20 lbs. over his normal beginning weight.

By the way, at Fanfest Buck said that Nick routinely starts the season at about 210 lbs. and ends the year at about 197. He loses 13 lbs. or so during the year. Buck said he was at about 220 now. So, he's not 15-20 lbs. over his normal beginning weight.

But maybe it was measured as 15-20lbs of added lean muscle, not just pure weight? That would be a huge difference.

He looks noticeably bigger. This gives me pause, there's only one way to put on 20 lbs. of muscle in one off season. I hope Buck is exaggerating.

No there is not...I understand everyone is suspect after the last couple decades, but I am sure a Brady type workout over a whole winter could do amazing things for most anyone in their late 20's, early 30's.

....Leave the Brady part out and focus on the workout part.....

He looks noticeably bigger. This gives me pause, there's only one way to put on 20 lbs. of muscle in one off season. I hope Buck is exaggerating.

I know it's naive, but I just don't worry that Nick would use PED's.

Nick Markakis, the Orioles' excellent but generally soft-spoken right fielder, unloaded on steroid users just before the suspensions were announced Monday, saying baseball should ban players for at least five years for a first offense. Lifetime bans would not be too much, he said, adding that doped-up players were effectively "stealing" from the owners and from other players who either didn't get a chance because others cheated or who now will have all their accomplishments questioned. "All of us that have done it the right way, we are going to suffer and have to answer questions about this for a while now," Mr. Markakis told The Sun's Dan Connolly. "I think that puts us in bad situations that we don't deserve to be in."

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2013-08-06/news/bs-ed-baseball-suspensions-20130806_1_coral-gables-baltimore-orioles-steroid-use

I realize many players have denied using and been proven to be liars, but Nick shies away from the media generally and I can't see him going on record with such strident comments if he was a user himself, when he could have just laid low and said nothing at all, like he does about most things.

No there is not...I understand everyone is suspect after the last couple decades, but I am sure a Brady type workout over a whole winter could do amazing things for most anyone in their late 20's, early 30's.

....Leave the Brady part out and focus on the workout part.....

20 pounds of muscle? At 30? In four months?

That would be "amazing".

As I said when this was brought up last week, odds are good he is 20 pounds heavier and a fair portion of it is muscle. It's just a lot more feasible.

It is not like hyperbole is lacking in ST.

Archived