Markakis add 15-20 LBs of muscle

Roll Tide

I added the "s to your post. His "decline" can be explained by having surgeries in 2012 and 2013. And not being able to do his offseason workouts. That's why he "declined" at his age...

IMO

Or maybe a combination of all those things, loss of desire to workout because of injury, lack of ability to push himself in the off-season, etc...

Who knows? But hopefully he can still preform like we would have expected a 30yr old Nick to preform as we thought of him 4 years ago.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 lbs. in four month I believe. 20 lbs. not likely without help.
10 lbs is much more realistic. 20 lbs no way.

I understand, but their is difference in attaching a stigma to what occurred over a news account without any actual verification and going with it being done naturally (regardless of the actual improvement).

And not likely is correct, but also not impossible.

I added the "s to your post. His "decline" can be explained by having surgeries in 2012 and 2013. And not being able to do his offseason workouts. That's why he "declined" at his age...

IMO

2008 (24) OPS 897

2009 (25) OPS 801

2010 (26) OPS 805

2011 (27) OPS 756

What does surgeries in 2012 and 2013 have to do with that?

I'm sorry but is a twisted way this kind of pisses me off. He was making the most money on the team and couldn't be bothered to help the team and/or himself in the off-season until it was a contract year..... That said, I'm hoping this means a great year.

Once again I never said that.

He did start declining at a very young age and it wasn't because of injury.

Like I asked Frobby, you got a theory better then not pushing himself in the offseason?

You didn't say that, is true, but someone else implied it.

Eyesight maybe? If not injuries, if not some ailment, what else? But really who knows, people decline at different ages, just the way it is. Hopefully it is as unexplainable as his resurgence could be this year.

You can gain 1 pound of muscle per week, 1/2 pound is more realistic. You can gain a lot more that is not muscle 3500 calories of excess you eat. there is also water weight you can gain from creatine.

Now remember that Buck is just throwing a number out there based on looks. It has been about 18 weeks since the season ended. It is entirely feasible that he gained 15-20 pounds on dedication.

The Rock has a crazy workout regime were you eat something like hundreds of grams of protien a day while lifting 8 hours a day or something crazy lke that, where you build crazy muscle in a short amount of time. Im not sure If Nick would be that desperate, but there are ways for him to gain serious muscle. All it realy takes is a ton of protien and to space the meals out so you absorb about 50 grams of protien per hour. Other wise you would probably get very gassy.

Now I've never played pro sports and don't have the conditioning of one that's played nearly his whole life either, but I am nearly the same age as Nick.

20 lbs of muscle in 4 months is very possible with an altered diet and weight training regime. As someone coming off of surgeries also, I know how hard you have to work to add that weight. But it can indeed be done without any supplemented aids.

Once again I never said that.

He did start declining at a very young age and it wasn't because of injury.

Like I asked Frobby, you got a theory better then not pushing himself in the offseason?

Fair enough.

He only declined from our expectations. He started off so great in 2008 (?) and never matched that again. Maybe he had his career year the first year. His real value after that.

Hey now!

I am not accusing anyone of anything more then exaggerating Nick's gains.

Thank you Can...An advanced athlete in there late 20's -early 30's can put on about 0.25% - 0.50% of their body weight in muscle a month. Nick has probably put on about 6-8lbs of muscle and 6-8lbs of fat and some water retention. Many PHD's and numerous studies back this up

There is nothing wrong with that, its just a fact

Archived