Orioles, Rays and Mets all talking to Mariners about Nick Franklin

Greg

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lots of irons in the fire.

I am currently in the TSA line awaiting our trip to Ireland-this board is passing the time:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What Counties/Cities are you visiting? I love it there. Have fun.

Seattle needs right handed hitters. As far as starters go they've got Corey Hart, Mike Zunino, and a switch hitting Smoak. Everyone else is left handed.

I don't know what we've got to offer in that regard. There's Reimold, Pearce, Peguero but not even all three combined would be a remotely realistic offer so I don't know. I remember hearing some of their pitchers had health problems but I can't remember who and what and if they have a need in the rotation.

This is spot on. I'm drooling over an infield of Davis, Franklin, Machado, Schoop around the horn. Davis will be the only one to cost big money now, and that's about as young and talented of an infield as you are ever going to find.

Just a thought... Franklin like Davis and Wieters are Boras clients.

I'd love to get Franklin. Seattle's biggest need seems to be starting pitching. If the FO is convinced that Gausman is ready to be an effective starter right now, then it could roll the dice and offer Bud Norris to Seattle for Franklin. This would have been a much easier move to make had we gotten Ervin Santana.

To get a sense as to asking price, Franklin is likely a #2 piece in a deal for Price, with a healthy Taijuan Walker headlining. So, picture Baltimore trading for price with Gausman headlining -- whoever you would think reasonably slots in as the #2 in that deal is probably around what Franklin would cost in trade.

Is Franklin good with the glove? His numbers in a limited sample (i.e., last year) indicate the opposite. Barring new information, he looks at lot like Schoop with less offensive upside. If the brass is convinced that Flaherty can't hack it, fine...but I'm not eager to downgrade the infield defense after this year. Schoop at 3B and Franklin at 2B in 2015 would seem to do just that. Again, barring new information.

Unlike them, he isn't a free agent for another six years.

Yes, but we'll be in the same situation as we are now with those 2, down the road again with Manny, Tillman and Franklin if we get him. They'll all be free agents during 2017-2020..

I could throw Lough in there as well.

To get a sense as to asking price, Franklin is likely a #2 piece in a deal for Price, with a healthy Taijuan Walker headlining. So, picture Baltimore trading for price with Gausman headlining -- whoever you would think reasonably slots in as the #2 in that deal is probably around what Franklin would cost in trade.

F that! I'll keep Gausman!

Excuse my French.

Archived