Orioles, Rays and Mets all talking to Mariners about Nick Franklin

Greg

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wouldn't Schoop likely move to 3rd in this scenario? Or are you simply thinking that maybe Manny stays at SS.

Flaherty's most value would be in a super sub Melvin Mora type role. If we were to get Franklin this year he would be the starter at 2nd and Flaherty would play 3rd until Machado comes back. I don't think JJ is going to be giving us any type of discount especially when the Yankees will be in the market for a SS. This is the type of trade that I would like to see us make that helps us now and for the future. Fortunately for us right now Ed Rod is a luxury.

Flaherty's most value would be in a super sub Melvin Mora type role. If we were to get Franklin this year he would be the starter at 2nd and Flaherty would play 3rd until Machado comes back. I don't think JJ is going to be giving us any type of discount especially when the Yankees will be in the market for a SS. This is the type of trade that I would like to see us make that helps us now and for the future. Fortunately for us right now Ed Rod is a luxury.

The post I quoted was talking about who plays ss in 2015 on a hardy-less orioles roster...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Meaning he would develop into an All-Star outfielder (2003) and third baseman (2005) who also wins the Silver Slugging Award (2004)?

Archived