vs. YANKEES, 3/15 (Spring Training)

OFFNY

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think Buck knows this outfield alignment is less than optimal, defensively. I don't think he's going to hold it against Yoon if a ball or two falls in that would be caught by a better outfielder.

Do you think it is a coincidence that Tillman is throwing ground balls today? I am betting he is changing his pitching style to try and avoid fly balls.

It makes it harder to properly evaluate the pitchers and it is entirely needless. You can be forced into something like this in the regular season but with the minor league camp 11 miles away?

I think Buck knows this outfield alignment is less than optimal, defensively. I don't think he's going to hold it against Yoon if a ball or two falls in that would be caught by a better outfielder.

I'm uncertain that Yoon is being evaluated at all.

Do you think it is a coincidence that Tillman is throwing ground balls today? I am betting he is changing his pitching style to try and avoid fly balls.

You're basing this on 9 batters? I don't see anything noticeably different about Tillman's pitching style today. If it were that easy for Tillman to just get hitters to hit ground balls, he'd do it all the time.

It makes it harder to properly evaluate the pitchers and it is entirely needless. You can be forced into something like this in the regular season but with the minor league camp 11 miles away?

You're basing this on 9 batters? I don't see anything noticeably different about Tillman's pitching style today. If it were that easy for Tillman to just get hitters to hit ground balls, he'd do it all the time.

Yeah, I think that Tillman knows that it's spring training, so I doubt that he is overly concerned about Cruz and/or Young flubbing a ball in the outfield, like he would be if the game actually counted.

Nuno looks real good too.

He's been in excellent in all 6 levels of the minors (from the Rookie Leagues all the way up to AAA), especially with control (he rarely walks and/or hits batters.)

It remains to be seen if he can sustain that in the majors. The kid has 20 innings (of major league ball) under his belt so far.

Yeah, I think that Tillman knows that it's spring training, so I doubt that he is overly concerned about Cruz and/or Young flubbing a ball in the outfield, like he would be if the game actually counted.

I think pitchers don't like to give up runs, or even hits, if they can help it.

Archived