Lurking: Ryan Flaherty?

Frobby

We have 3 holes in the lineup right now. Flaherty, Schoop and Lombardozzi. And 3 possible holes in the rotation.

Sorry guys I don't think this is going to be pretty.

How is Lombardozzi a hole in the lineup? He is doing just fine, especially compared to the rest of the lineup.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I disagree. We did it for years. There are always new folks who bring a lot tho the party. They always had 500 posts to determine if the community was worth supporting or not. No one was ever forced to pay. In fact, one of the reasons the community has stayed so strong is that each Plus member has a vested interest in improving the site.

Best money that I spend!! Ask my wife, she will tell you that I am now able to ventilate all my Orioles stuff without her having to listen to it!! And, seriously, the site is remarkable in its content and I have learned a tremendous amount from the veterans who post here regularly! (And I receive no kickback for this free commercial!!).

Best money that I spend!! Ask my wife, she will tell you that I am now able to ventilate all my Orioles stuff without her having to listen to it!! And, seriously, the site is remarkable in its content and I have learned a tremendous amount from the veterans who post here regularly! (And I receive no kickback for this free commercial!!).

Posting on here is therapeutic, and cheaper than a psychiatrist.

• 1 month later...
That game last night was on Flaherty. Those back to back misplays in the 7th were the difference in the game. He giveth in the 6th and taketh away in the 7th.

I think this game, if you have to pick one person, was on Lough. Bases Loaded, no outs and you hit into a double play. Especially that kind of double play. Would have rather he struck out. But I don't think you can put this loss on any one person.

I think this game' date=' if you have to pick one person, was on Lough. Bases Loaded, no outs and you hit into a double play. Especially that kind of double play. Would have rather he struck out. But I don't think you can put this loss on any one person.[/quote']

The sane guy that took three runs off the board for the other team is who.you want to blame because of one AB?

Also The Indians made errors also. Flaherty wasnt the only one. The Os as a team got beat. Period. They made errors and so did the Os. They overcame them and we didn't. Enough said.

How come after three bombs in one game, everyone says "hes back". Oh crown him MVP, yet Chris Davis was the biggest disappointment in the game.

He had multiple chances to step up and be the man. He is one of the ones we should be able to count on, not Lough or Flaherty.

He struckout one AB which made CLE able to.walk Cruz with a open base. And another AB ground into a DP which ended the inning.

If you want to.blame anyone.for a lack of production or anything else. Blame the one who we should be able to rely on to come up big. He is going to get a.HUGE contract, but isnt too clutch.

Yet you guys want to blame Lough and Flaherty becauae they are easier targets.

Yet they contributed more than anyone else. A three run homer by Flaherty and a Three run rob by Lough is a SIX RUN TURN AROUND. Yet these are the two getting blamed.

What a joke.

That game last night was on Flaherty. Those back to back misplays in the 7th were the difference in the game. He giveth in the 6th and taketh away in the 7th.

I hope you realize that your runs arithmetic is a bit off.

The joke is blaming anyone player for a loss. CD is a failure if he doesn't at least drive in a run very game and hit a HR every other game? If he doesn't get 162 RBI and 81HR he's a bust? Flaherty has gotten to play 2B 5 times all year. Lough saved 3 runs. O'Day threw a cookie, and Patton's command sucked again. Buck was nuts to have Flaherty and Clevenger bunt. Etc. etc.

Watching Flaherty and his pathetic attempts to bunt, I would have like to have gone out there and slapped him up side his head. I have seen many a little league with better bunting technique than "Flash in the pan" was showing. His body language also looked to me like he didn't want to bunt in the first place, which is also ridiculous for a guy who is marginally good enough to make any major league roster. I was also pretty mad at Buck after that lame bunting strikeout that he didn't let Schoop bat as I have seen him make at least one nice sacrifice with proper technique. So that was also pretty dumb move by Buck as well.

The joke is blaming anyone player for loss. CD is a failure if he doesn't at least drive in a run very game and hit a HR every other game? If he doesn't get 162 RBI and 81HR he's a bust? Flaherty has gotten to play 2B 5 times all year. Lough saved 3 runs. O'Day threw a cookie, and Patton's command sucked again. Buck was nuts to have Flaherty and Clevenger bunt. Etc. etc.

Wasn't blaming CD for the loss or ANY loss. I never blame one payer/manager for a lose.

Players may effect a game drastically due to one.play, but would never put the blame solely on one guys shoulders.

I was just proving a point that it's more than ones fault and if you want to place blame that there were others who produced far less than the ones being blamed.

Im just tired of seeing the same guys get blamed every time we lose.

We lost 4-6 " Flaherty isnt a good enough hitter.

We lose 12-14 " oh, Buck made two bad calls (based on personal opinion), he needs to go".

It's getting as old as umps missing obvious calls.

And nowhere did I say CD needs to produce EVERY game. So your exaggeration is a little.overboard.

What I said was in tight games where tje Os fail to overcome mistakes and.lose, we should be looking at guys like Jones and Davis. Guys who we should be relying on to get the job done.

The only reason I didnt bring up Jones is because he jad a failry good offensive game. Whereas CD was almost non-exsistent.

Wasn't blaming CD for the loss or ANY loss. I never blame one payer/manager for a lose.

Players may effect a game drastically due to one.play, but would never put the blame solely on one guys shoulders.

I was just proving a point that it's more than ones fault and if you want to place blame that there were others who produced far less than the ones being blamed.

Im just tired of seeing the same guys get blamed every time we lose.

We lost 4-6 " Flaherty isnt a good enough hitter.

We lose 12-14 " oh, Buck made two bad calls (based on personal opinion), he needs to go".

It's getting as old as umps missing obvious calls.

And nowhere did I say CD needs to produce EVERY game. So your exaggeration is a little.overboard.

What I said was in tight games where tje Os fail to overcome mistakes and.lose, we should be looking at guys like Jones and Davis. Guys who we should be relying on to get the job done.

The only reason I didnt bring up Jones is because he jad a failry good offensive game. Whereas CD was almost non-existent.

Since I didn't reference your post, it's interesting that you seem to take my general comments personally.

Archived