Suk-min Yoon

Greg

Would like to know what kind of velocity he is bringing. As for this being a year of rehab, we really don't know much about any injury he had last year. He pitched through most of the year last year so how is pitching again this year, rehab? Rehab for what? At least we knew that Wada was a year removed from TJ surgery. You could argue, in his case, that he was building his arm back up last year. The information on Yoon is a lot more vague so there is a lot of guessing going on. Is there a logical reason why we should expect improvement next year?

I am just going off of his numbers a few years ago and the fact that the O's were willing to sign him.

If the O's missed again in Asia then I think they should go ahead and look at the head guy there, unfortunately he and Dan go WAY back.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We're really grasping at straws if we are going to focus on having a good K/BB ratio on a night that he gave up 4 ER in 6 IP.

We ???

You can focus on whatever you want.

I always put every statistic up there, including the 4 runs that he gave up, which included the 3-run bomb that he ceded in the 6th inning.

This is a previous outing of his that I posted.

He gave up 8 runs and 11 hits in 3 innings, and I "focused" on the fact that Yoon hit 2 batters in two innings, even though he didn't walk anybody.

o

Yoon hit 2 batters in the first 2 innings.

9 OUTS: 4 Flyouts, 2 Strikeouts, 1 Groundout, 1 Pop-up, 1 Lineout

SUK-MIN YOON O (vs. AAA-Scranton, 5/04) *

IP:. 3 - PLUS

H:o 11 (2 Home Runs, 6 Doubles, 3 Singles)

R:O 8

BB: 0 *

SO: 2

Pitches: 69 (46 Strikes, 23 Balls)

2014 ERA: 7.46 (AAA-Norfolk)

* Yoon had 2 Hit Batsmen

PITCHES BY INNING

27 (17 Strikes, 10 Balls)

16 (10 Strikes, 61 Balls)

16 (12 Strikes, 41 Balls)

10 (71 Strikes, 31 Balls) *

* Yoon did not record any outs before departing in the 4th inning.

Well, you keep talking like this year's numbers don't worry you and you're more concerned about what he does next year like there is some reason why we should expect improvement in year 2. I believe you hinted at a physical reason but we really don't have any evidence to support that theory.

I didn't hint at a physical reason, he pitched hurt last year.

I have no idea if he can return to the level he was a few years ago or not. The reason I am not worried about this season and yet I am worried about next season is simple, he can't be optioned next year. If he was like a normal prospect I would just put him on the back burner and forget about him.

I don't know if they would eat the contract if he is still struggling next spring.

o

12 OUTS: 6 Groundouts, 3 Strikeouts, 2 Flyouts, 1 Popout

SUK-MIN YOON O (vs. AAA-Charlotte, 5/21)

IP:. 4 - PLUS

H:o 2 (1 Home Run, 1 Single)

R:O 2

BB: 0

SO: 3

Pitches: 47 (27 Strikes, 20 Balls)

2014 ERA: 6.75 (AAA-Norfolk)

PITCHES BY INNING

81 (4 Strikes, 4 Balls)

16 (8 Strikes, 8 Balls)

14 (8 Strikes, 6 Balls)

71 (6 Strikes, 1 Balls)

21 (1 Strikes, 1 Balls) *

* Yoon did not record any outs before departing in the 5th inning.

Suk-min Yoon: 7.0 IP, 4 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 1 BB, 6 K, 88 pitches, 61 strikes.

Dan Connolly adds a couple details:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Suk-min Yoon's line this afternoon for Triple-A Norfolk: 7IP, 4H, 3ER, 1BB, 6Ks, 1 HR. 88 pitches, 61 strikes. ERA now at 6.32</p>— Dan Connolly (@danconnollysun) <a href="

">May 26, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

My question is, what would Yoon be as a reliever? At this point we should be prepping him for a bullpen role this year to contribute. He's behind Gausman, Macfarland, Johan to start at this point. I know the whole point is to get him innings and get him acclimated to American ball, but how much better would his stuff play up over an inning or an inning plus. Is he really worse than Brach, Macfarland, Patton, Guilmet that have been rotating all year?

My question is, what would Yoon be as a reliever? At this point we should be prepping him for a bullpen role this year to contribute. He's behind Gausman, Macfarland, Johan to start at this point. I know the whole point is to get him innings and get him acclimated to American ball, but how much better would his stuff play up over an inning or an inning plus. Is he really worse than Brach, Macfarland, Patton, Guilmet that have been rotating all year?

We'll find out in September.....

Archived