• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

o

3 shutout innings.

3 bases on balls though, also.

9 OUTS: 4 Groundouts (Including 1 Double Play), 3 Strikeouts, 1 Flyout

SUK-MIN YOON O (vs. AAA-Charlotte, 8/27)

IP:. 3

H:o 3 (1 Double, 2 Singles)

R:O 0

BB: 3

SO: 3

Pitches: 57 (34 Strikes, 23 Balls)

2014 ERA: 5.56 (AAA-Norfolk)

PITCHES BY INNING

22 (13 Strikes, 91 Balls)

12 (91 Strikes, 31 Balls)

23 (12 Strikes, 11 Balls)

• 2 weeks later...

So what does it mean that he has been outrighted

I assume we are still on the hook for the 4.5 million on his contract for 2015/2016.

Does he sign a minor league deal with some team, and our commitment is reduced by his minor league salary

What if he goes back to KBO?

Never understood this signing, especially given that we could have just kept Wada at much lower cost.

Yoon's last and only good year in the KBO was 2011, and the KBO is what about AA level?

I assume we are still on the hook for the 4.5 million on his contract for 2015/2016.

Does he sign a minor league deal with some team, and our commitment is reduced by his minor league salary

What if he goes back to KBO?

Never understood this signing, especially given that we could have just kept Wada at much lower cost.

Yoon's last and only good year in the KBO was 2011, and the KBO is what about AA level?

We have been over this numerous times. He hadn't been healthy since 2011. The O's were taking a small risk in the hope that he would be get his old stuff back.

It didn't pan out.

As for Yoon, Dan thinks he goes back to Korea.

So if he goes back to Korea, does he forfeit the 4.5 million dollars

or is that money in the bank.

I guess it's money in the bank for Yoon, like when were paying Jay Gibbons while he played in the independent league.

And yeah I know the story of it being a small risk, I also have read the stories that the O's were bidding against themselves.

We have been over this numerous times. He hadn't been healthy since 2011. The O's were taking a small risk in the hope that he would be get his old stuff back.

It didn't pan out.

As for Yoon, Dan thinks he goes back to Korea.

I believe his contract is wrote, he can only spend the first year in the minors.

He hasn't shown anything to earn that promotion, so packing his bags is the most likely option.

From wiki: Once a player is designated for assignment, the team has ten days to do one of the following things: the player can be traded, the player can be released, or the player can be put on waivers and, provided he clears, outrighted to the minors.

So it sounds like he passed through waivers and is now forced to pitch in the minors for the O's. If so, then if he goes to Korea then the O's would be off the hook for his salary. If he stays, then he pitches in the minors for the O's and collects his salary. He is off the 40 man.

This is my guess based on my brief internet search. :)

From wiki: Once a player is designated for assignment, the team has ten days to do one of the following things: the player can be traded, the player can be released, or the player can be put on waivers and, provided he clears, outrighted to the minors.

So it sounds like he passed through waivers and is now forced to pitch in the minors for the O's. If so, then if he goes to Korea then the O's would be off the hook for his salary. If he stays, then he pitches in the minors for the O's and collects his salary. He is off the 40 man.

This is my guess based on my brief internet search. :)

Or maybe he can elect to say "no" and become a free agent. The more I read about this, the more I'm not sure.

He had it written in that Yoon only effectively had one option.

The man is good at creating little loopholes that are present.

He did not allow the options without permission. He can get his release anytime he is not on the MLB roster if he does not want to be a minor leaguer. I would figure he would not be paid in that case.

Whatever. We're about to win the AL East. Whatever mistakes Dan has made along the way with FA signings are pretty immaterial. Only Ubaldo could be a big impediment for the future.

Yep. In case anyone is concerned. You only have a few weeks to be happy and enjoy this. When it is over it is over. If you can't be happy with this team now, you can't be.

Archived