Some info

MoeknowsO's

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree, but the kid has the body frame to add weight and become more of a power hitter. He is also a very patient hitter and was just 21 in AA last year.

I think he is worth the roll of the dice.

I like him as well, and have been hopeful we'll get him. Even though he only hit .260 last year in AA, he had a .371 OBP. Maybe if he gets another season in AA at Bowie, he could improve the BA and the OBP, then get the chance at AAA in 2009, and be ready to contribute at the big league level in 2010.

If I were Bavasi the talk on Triunfel would have stopped the first day. I would have said - ok - if you want Triunfel than include Markakis in the deal as well. AM would not have mentioned Triunfel ever again, lol.

Your nuts and must be a Mariner fan.

If I were Bavasi the talk on Triunfel would have stopped the first day. I would have said - ok - if you want Triunfel than include Markakis in the deal as well. AM would not have mentioned Triunfel ever again, lol.

That's fair, but you'll have to include Clement or Morrow in the deal instead. ;)

Your nuts and must be a Mariner fan.

You're right on this one... I find it funny how many guys are untouchable when their team is in negotiations for a #1 that their GM says he doesn't have on the roster. Bavasi couldn't mention Bedard specifically it would be tampering.

And Snell couldn't be considered a #1 .... If besides Bedard, Snell is the best he can do as a upgrade ...Then he must really be desperate!

hehe...ofcourse i'm an M's fan. The point of my post was to say if you want to get our untouchable than offer up your untouchable otherwise there's no point. Again if I were GM I never would have said Morrow or Clement was untouchable. The only untouchables from my perspective are Ichiro/Felix/Triunfel. Everyone else would have been fair game and I would have been pretty happy to trade you Jones/Morrow for Bedard. Although I never would have signed Silva and left Morrow to be our #5 guy. Jones/Clement/Sherrill would have been the deal I would have made - 3 for 1 straight up. I might have thrown in Chen if you guys got real bittttttchy about it but not Tillman.

I find it funny how many guys are untouchable when their team is in negotiations for a #1 that their GM says he doesn't have on the roster

I suspect that Felix Hernandez will have a better career than Erik Bedard, but he's not quite an ace as he approaches his 22nd birthday. Nevertheless, in 2007 the 21-year-old Hernandez was the No. 1 starter on a team that won 88 games.

Here are the 2008 Bill James projections for Erik Bedard and Felix Hernandez:

Bedard 32 GS, 210 IP, 13-11 WL, 207 K, 78 BB, 3.69 ERA

Hernandez 32 GS, 216 IP, 13-11 WL, 205 K, 71 BB, 3.71 ERA

If traded to Seattle, perhaps Bedard could be the Mariner ace for one year before Hernandez takes over.

hehe...ofcourse i'm an M's fan. The point of my post was to say if you want to get our untouchable than offer up your untouchable otherwise there's no point. Again if I were GM I never would have said Morrow or Clement was untouchable. The only untouchables from my perspective are Ichiro/Felix/Triunfel. Everyone else would have been fair game and I would have been pretty happy to trade you Jones/Morrow for Clement. Although I never would have signed Silva and left Morrow to be our #5 guy. Jones/Clement/Sherrill would have been the deal I would have made - 3 for 1 straight up. I might have thrown in Chen if you guys got real bittttttchy about it but not Tillman.

Glad AM is not dealing with you! Triunfel cant hold Markakis's Bat;)

He is a rising star that has produced at the ML level.... Not some overrated prospect in A ball. The Orioles will get at least 4 (If not 5 Guys for Bedard). Thats AM's style!

In his interview he said he need a #1 .... He didn't say he needed another #4 (Snell) to add to the pile!

I would like to have Clement & I would trade Scott for him which would be a far better player than Wilkinson IMO.

Archived