vs. RED SOX, 4/19

OFFNY

You might want to become more familiar with Doubront. Had a 3.78 ERA last year, 4.16 for his career. Career strikeout rate of 8.3 per nine innings. He's not a star, but he's a solid pitcher -- nowhere near one of the worst pitchers in the AL.

Bottom line is since the first he has had good command. The home plate ump is helping him as well.

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You might want to become more familiar with Doubront. Had a 3.78 ERA last year, 4.16 for his career. Career strikeout rate of 8.3 per nine innings. He's not a star, but he's a solid pitcher -- nowhere near one of the worst pitchers in the AL.

He has been VERY good at certain points.

That's baseball, Roy. It's like a woman. You'll never figure it out.

Martin: Let me tell you something, a city's like a woman. Doesn't matter if your completely right and she's completely wrong. You apologize regardless or you'll be paying it for the rest of your life.

Daphne: I'm not sure I care for that analogy. [leaving]

Martin: I'm sorry Daphne, I was way out of line.

Daphne: Alright, your forgiven. [leaves]

Martin: [smiles at Frasier to prove his point]

DAVID STEFAN NORRIS

IP:. 5

H:o 3 (1 Home Run, 2 Singles)

R:O 2

BB: 1

SO: 5

Pitches: 72 (49 Strikes, 23 Balls)

2014 ERA: 3.71

PITCHES BY INNINGS

21 (13 Strikes, 8 Balls)

91 (81 Strikes, 1 Balls)

16 (12 Strikes, 4 Balls)

17 (10 Strikes, 7 Balls)

17 (10 Strikes, 7 Balls)

91 (61 Strikes, 3 Balls)

12 per. :clap3:

Yay Nick!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• I would bring Povich or McDermott up and see if they can be an impact arm.  Why trade, if they can get some experience and also maybe do the job?
    • I’d argue they are 2 guys short in the BP.  
    • Looks like it worked today.  I’m going to go out on a short limb and say Vlad’s defense at 3B will hurt them a lot more than Vogelbach’s bat will help them.  Looking forward to seeing this alignment on a regular basis.
    • I would argue they are 2 short. Webb and Cano are not back end guys with their average to below average K rates. In order of high leverage to low leverage, I like the idea of: Kimbrel, Trade 1, Coulombe, Trade 2, Cano, Perez, Webb, Akin/Suarez Cano is still fine against RHB’s and Webb has reverse splits. They need a righty version of Coulombe, someone that is a true backend guy and can get both lefties and righties out.  They can probably manage with just 1 addition and keeping 2 of Akin/Suarez/Tate in the pen. But having those 2 additions and not having to rely on Cano turning back into 2023 Cano seems smart. The BP is the clear weakness of the team and this could be the only year with Burnes. Might as well load up.
    • And he was flashing some wheels too, stretching into a 2B and also cutting off balls in the field, making competitive throws trying to get runners. 
    • Agreed they were one reliever short I thought even with Baumann(even though I don’t trust him much), now with Viera they are 2 guys short.  That was a downgrade though they must think they can get him fixed enough to have him help out later on.  Perez has pitched well so that is a big help but still another guy is needed for times like today.  I do think they might add Lopez if they can claim him on waivers who is better option then Viera imo.  
    • I have no problem going reliever at #22 if he profiles as a dominant reliever.  Sounds like Massey can be gotten later but I’d have no problem going for Brody Brecht with one of those first two picks.  Again, I prefer Gillen or Lindsey at #22.  Be great if we could get one at #22 and the other at #32.        Who do you consider high upside that might be there at #32?
  • Popular Contributors