vs. Red Sox 4/20 (7:05 PM) On ESPN

weams

You don't cut the ball off in this situation. Absolutely no reason to cut off the throw. That's just a horrible throw by lough.

I could make that throw from that shallow in lf to home. Buck should have batted young for lough and maybe we wouldn't have had such a horrible end to the game. I bet young makes that catch/throw every time

You cut the ball off if the runner isn't going . Why would you let the ball go if the runner isn't going?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh well, it's just one loss, but that's a painful one. Either way, Duquette needs to send a message and send Lough out to Norfolk. The guy has been an unmitagated disaster with the bat and that throw was one of the worse throws I've ever seen in a key moment.

VERY painful.

Now, I'm glad that we are playing again late tomorrow morning.

Why would you not catch the ball? What was he thinking. He knows whether Pedroia left or not.

Schoop obviously had no awareness whatsoever as to where Pedroia was. The only possible explanation for such a boneheaded move would be to think that Pedroia had somehow tagged from 3rd and was 60 feet down the line towards home. If you thought that, you would let the throw go through. But how you could think that was the case when the ball was a line drive laserbeam is beyond me.

Schoop is just clueless.

You don't cut the ball off in this situation. Absolutely no reason to cut off the throw. That's just a horrible throw by lough.

I could make that throw from that shallow in lf to home. Buck should have batted young for lough and maybe we wouldn't have had such a horrible end to the game. I bet young makes that catch/throw every time

I think that ball goes to the fence with our left fielder on all fours if Young had been in left.

Ball was right to Schoop. Granted he didn't have to fire in there like that but still.

Schoop was a foot off the base. He was so close he should not have been throwing to a cut off man. I knew in highschool I'm firing home in that situation.

Oh well, it's just one loss, but that's a painful one. Either way, Duquette needs to send a message and send Lough out to Norfolk. The guy has been an unmitagated disaster with the bat and that throw was one of the worse throws I've ever seen in a key moment.

What would you do with Schoop?

Surely he was going for the DP. Not saying that was the right move, but I have to think that's what he was doing. Otherwise, I don't think I would want him playing OF in Aberdeen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not clear Young judges that right and makes the catch in the first place.

Archived