vs. RAYS, 5/06 (Christopher vs. Christopher)

OFFNY

o

RAYS ANNOUNCERS:

"That was a horrible pitch to Cruz just now.

Cruz just swung at the previous pitch that was almost a foot out of the strike zone.

The count was 0-2.

This team (the Orioles) doesn't take walks.

Why in the world would you go anywhere near the strike zone in that spot ???"

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I see the Reactionary Ryan Flaherty Haters are out in full force tonight.

Ryan sees 3 more pitches than his replacement usually sees, and registers an out on a good pitch. 0-1. He's terrible. What a scrub. Bring on Buck Britton and Steve Lombardozzi and 2-15 Jonathan Schoop already, Ryan is a bastard and a knee...--erm, sorry, slip of the tongue--jerk besides.

Okay.. since I can't use the term to describe what really is Flaherty.. he's a Single A player who can't hit anything.

Maybe, I certainly--as I think everyone does--agree that he needs to get out of his funk soon. But playing him once every 3 to 4 days, behind a kid who is probably not a better option than him at the moment, isn't the best way to get a guy out of a funk... A little perspective is needed.

...But that's anathema for those who says Ryan is "TERRIBLE".

He's had 2 years to prove his ability. There is a reason why he never played for the Cubs above AAA.

o

RAYS ANNOUNCERS:

"That was a horrible pitch to Cruz just now.

Cruz just swung at the previous pitch that was almost a foot out of the strike zone.

The count was 0-2.

This team (the Orioles) doesn't take walks.

Why in the world would you go anywhere near the strike zone in that spot ???"

I nodded in agreement when he said it too- and same with Jones lol

Maybe, I certainly--as I think everyone does--agree that he needs to get out of his funk soon. But playing him once every 3 to 4 days, behind a kid who is probably not a better option than him at the moment, isn't the best way to get a guy out of a funk... A little perspective is needed.

...But that's anathema for those who says Ryan is "TERRIBLE".

Nah man I hear ya- I just figured I should introduce myself as a non Ryan hater... Am I happy with him at the moment? NOPE. But you do need more time than a spot start here and there to do well in this game unless you have established yourself in that role

Archived