vs. WHITE SOX 6/23

scOtt

• Replies 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's a suckers bet, don't take it!

lol...who's the sucker in this hypo? I do think Ubaldo will right the ship in re: the walks, which will greatly improve his overall performance for the year. And hey, if he doesn't, he'll probably be traded before the contract is complete. $12.5 million per year is NOT a ton in today's market.

lol...who's the sucker in this hypo? I do think Ubaldo will right the ship in re: the walks, which will greatly improve his overall performance for the year. And hey, if he doesn't, he'll probably be traded before the contract is complete. $12.5 million per year is NOT a ton in today's market.

For the Orioles it is. I'm not calling you a sucker, I love you man. Its a sucker's bet for sure, though!

I think this is his bad "half". I think he'll be worth the contract. JUST worth it but worth it.

In ten years, I'm going to start the "Most Underappreciated Orioles of All-Time" thread, and I expect Adam to win it.
Wei-Yin is more likely.

I nominate Dempsey. That way I can say he got the nod in two categories. One he'd like to be included and one, well, not so much.

For the Orioles it is. I'm not calling you a sucker, I love you man. Its a sucker's bet for sure, though!

Agreed that it's a lot for the Orioles (no offense taken at all, btw - I know Ubaldo's a lightning rod around here). I just think that there are only two real possibilities going forward: either Ubaldo gets better, or he gets traded in the second or third year of the deal. Not a big deal either way, but I do think he'll improve/be worth the contract.

:rolleyes:

Archived