Orioles messing with Gausman again what's new.

Greg

I really don't consider having Gausman pitch in a MiL game closer to home than Norfolk "messing" with Gausman. It's just a way to get his work in between big league starts. Also, he had to spend 10 days in the minors after he was sent down. His time as the 26th Oriole for the double header did not eliminate that requirement. If he has to be down for 10 days, why not get his work in at Aberdeen. I think we make too much out of things that lots of teams do, in this case actually for a good reason.

Birdland sure does seem to worry about it.

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bingo. Jim Palmer knows what's up.

This organization is a joke when it comes to developing pitchers and getting them to the majors. Yet we want to give them the benefit of the doubt?

I wish someone would write a chronological write-up of all the call-ups, drops, and everything in between for Kevin Gausman over the last 2 years.

It's a joke, really.

You do not know all that goes on.

While his last AAA starts were deliberately short I also wondered if they had him working on one particular pitch. He got hit hard both times--worse than in recent Oriole starts. Could Buck want him to develop a pitch he hasn't been using in the majors?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

While his last AAA starts were deliberately short I also wondered if they had him working on one particular pitch. He got hit hard both times--worse than in recent Oriole starts. Could Buck want him to develop a pitch he hasn't been using in the majors?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

The Orioles are messing with T.J.

Bingo. Jim Palmer knows what's up.

This organization is a joke when it comes to developing pitchers and getting them to the majors. Yet we want to give them the benefit of the doubt?

I wish someone would write a chronological write-up of all the call-ups, drops, and everything in between for Kevin Gausman over the last 2 years.

It's a joke, really.

Great post. Good for Birdland for sticking his neck out there. I doubted Gausman quite frankly and thought he should remain in AAA all year. He pitched 3 games and they were lights out. So what do we do? Send him down.

Got it.

He belongs in the majors. All this shuffling cannot be good for him despite the homers making jokes otherwise.

I think Palmer knows a thing or two about pitching.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jim Palmer is reinforcing his opinion further. He hates what is happening with him. Again.

I don't recall in the past hearing Palmer get as critical about the team like he did during the 3rd inning tonight regarding Gausman. Since Thorne had to explain the situation during the doubleheader a few days ago, I think Jim has just been a little flabbergasted by the whole thing.

"These are smart guys and all... But..."

As far as I'm concerned, I think Buck and Duke are extremely savvy, so I'll reserve being too harsh right now. And when Gausman is a 5 day fixture for good - he's going to bring a lot of perspective / experience with him to the mound.

He'll be seasoned, that's for sure. May be better off for it too. Dunno.

Gausman had confidence after his three excellent starts. When you are on a roll and confident you want the ball, not go to the minors and sit. This has been handled very poorly by the organization. He should be pitching every fifth day. This is the second time Palmer has been critical of the move. Trust me Greg Bader and the Angelos boys will be calling Palmer tomorrow and tell him his job is not to provide critical analysis. His job is to be a homer and support everything the club does, just like Bordick, Hunter, and Davis.

The two guys they spent the most time with correcting and had to work the hardest to get back (Tillman and Britton IMO) are the two guys who actually amounted to something. Yet everyone wants to jump down DD and Bucks throat for making KG no doubt about it open and shut earn his way on this staff. New GM, different coaches and from what I have heard different development methods and philosophies. Personally I feel that DD's approach is far more in line with what Buck wants also.

The guys this organization have drafted or were in the lower end of the system at the time DD arrived and made changes have shown nothing but signs of developing well and often times exceeding expectation. KG, Bundy, Harvey all have shown signs of flourishing under this system. That was the and this is now. These guys have earned the benefit of the doubt IMO. DD and Buck are smart baseball guys, I know there is a reason behind the approach. Even if its just as simple as getting an extremely talented guy to feel so hungry he comes out and lights it up when he gets his shot to stay.

KG will get his shot and when he does he will understand that being in a big league rotation is a privilege earned through hard work, putting your dues and proving your worth. That will help this kid a lot IMO

The two guys they spent the most time with correcting and had to work the hardest to get back (Tillman and Britton IMO) are the two guys who actually amounted to something. Yet everyone wants to jump down DD and Bucks throat for making KG no doubt about it open and shut earn his way on this staff. New GM, different coaches and from what I have heard different development methods and philosophies. Personally I feel that DD's approach is far more in line with what Buck wants also.

The guys this organization have drafted or were in the lower end of the system at the time DD arrived and made changes have shown nothing but signs of developing well and often times exceeding expectation. KG, Bundy, Harvey all have shown signs of flourishing under this system. That was the and this is now. These guys have earned the benefit of the doubt IMO. DD and Buck are smart baseball guys, I know there is a reason behind the approach. Even if its just as simple as getting an extremely talented guy to feel so hungry he comes out and lights it up when he gets his shot to stay.

KG will get his shot and when he does he will understand that being in a big league rotation is a privilege earned through hard work, putting your dues and proving your worth. That will help this kid a lot IMO

Good stuff. I like.

Dan and Buck aren't careless. They have earned some slack when they seem to be operating in mysterious ways (to us).

Gausman had confidence after his three excellent starts. When you are on a roll and confident you want the ball, not go to the minors and sit. This has been handled very poorly by the organization. He should be pitching every fifth day. This is the second time Palmer has been critical of the move. Trust me Greg Bader and the Angelos boys will be calling Palmer tomorrow and tell him his job is not to provide critical analysis. His job is to be a homer and support everything the club does, just like Bordick, Hunter, and Davis.
If they are dumb enough to do that, Palmer will tell them where they can stick it. It's not like he needs this job. The O's are lucky he still does it.

If they are dumb enough to do that, Palmer will tell them where they can stick it. It's not like he needs this job. The O's are lucky he still does it.

Yea if that talk were to occur or ever did it happened a long time ago to no avail and Jim is still here so......

This thread has made some people mad. 3 Neg rep sorry just how i feel.

I disagree with you most of the time. But I don't think you need apologize. You

haven't hurt my feelings any. Opinions are like mouths. We all have them.

Cheer up buddy. The O's won.

Archived