Orioles Trade Targets?

Nite

Pretty sure I read that Lester will want to come back to Boston as a free agent if he is dealt away before the deadline. He'll never end up here for a number of reasons, so why offer ourselves as leverage for Boston to extract a greater return from someone else?

It was that if he were traded away he "would be willing," not that he wants to or will take a pay cut. He's just saying exactly what he should say in a situation where people are constantly asking him about being traded.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I assume it would cost at least one of the big 3. More?

Depends on whether or not the trade is contingent on an extension being agreed upon. If not than I would expect that they would ask for 2 of the 4 pitchers, but I wouldn't go there at all personally.

Depends on whether or not the trade is contingent on an extension being agreed upon. If not than I would expect that they would ask for 2 of the 4 pitchers, but I wouldn't go there at all personally.

There are no extension contingencies on this deal. It's a rental.

I assume it would cost at least one of the big 3. More?

How many starts are left? I doubt it. An extension would not be part of the deal because he is going to resign with Boston, kinda joke IMO.

As Corn said, "due diligence" nothing to see here.

What would be awesome is if we offered a very aggressive package to Boston, then publicly backed out of the tentative dead after reviewing his medical information and spotting an alarming and unspecified problem.

I like this. Think it has been done?

Yes. I do agree as usual.

It was that if he were traded away he "would be willing," not that he wants to or will take a pay cut. He's just saying exactly what he should say in a situation where people are constantly asking him about being traded.

Ok, thanks for clarifying. Still so many reasons why this is wildly unlikely.....it would be unbelievably shocking.

The nine teams to which Hamels cannot block a trade are the Dodgers, Angels, Cardinals, Nationals, Braves, Yankees, Red Sox, Rangers and Padres.

To all other teams, he will say no. Unless he gets a contract length incentive.

Have a source for that?

You mean, guys whose long term deals have had surplus value without steroids for 400, Alex?

I mean, piitchers who pitched well into their mid-30s. But again, They have as much to do with Hamels as Zito & Co--nothing. For every example of a to pitcher randomly falling apart, I could cite one that had above average performance into his mid-30s.

I mean, piitchers who pitched well into their mid-30s. But again, They have as much to do with Hamels as Zito & Co--nothing. For every example of a to pitcher randomly falling apart, I could cite one that had above average performance into his mid-30s.

With a huge contract installed? I think not. The odds are way against you friend. Pitching contracts almost never work. They almost never return excess value. Almost never.

Archived