vs. ATHLETICS, 7/18

OFFNY

It's really tough not to say this second half will be a repeat of last year, but...

Everyone else except Toronto gained a game tonight...

If we win our games, we don't have to worry about everyone else. We can't back into this thing, we have the toughest schedule in MLB.

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply
o

All teams sustain these types of crushing losses over the course of the long season.

Good teams come back from them.

The Orioles could have let that crushing loss to the Brewers last month ruin them. They didn't, which is why they are still in a good position overall.

They just have to come back and win tomorrow.

It's simple, but it's the truth.

True, Patrick. They are resilient if not consistent.

I muted it before the pitch. I always do that when we are in walkoff position because I cant stand Thorne or the crowd noise.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Every save situation is a automatic mute.. in case of a walk off, it leaves me a little less pissed off.

I'm not worried about ZB. Davis is hitting .200 and has under a .700 OPS.

Yeah but Davis is tough to fix, because there isn't much the manager can do. You don't need to find another pitcher to replace Britton per se, you just need to continue playing match up baseball, i.e. keep managing.

While Jim Hunter keeps belly-aching over the two weak hits by Cespedes and Moss in the 9th, both Demper and Palmer pointed out a basic problem with Britton's pitch repertoire. Is the implication that he cannot be a first-rate closer unless he masters another pitch (beside the two-seamer)?

o

All teams sustain these types of crushing losses over the course of the long season.

Good teams come back from them.

The Orioles could have let that crushing loss to the Brewers last month ruin them. They didn't, which is why they are still in a good position overall.

They just have to come back and win tomorrow.

It's simple, but it's the truth.

It's painful to admit, but it's well said.

:thumbsup1:

That is it. i am done staying up this late for this crap. i will wait till they come off the stupid west coast when they will probably be in third place.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Coming from the same guy who predicted they would be in "last place within a week" after one tough loss earlier this year.

Enjoy your sleep.

Archived