A.J. Burnett

Greg

Maybe he likes to be close enough to home so an occasional visit is easy, but not 20 minutes away where he would be expected to stay there all the time. ;)

nagging-wife-curlers.jpg

Could just be as simple as he likes to pitch in the NL, lets face it his last AL stint....eh not so great. Add in the fact he is familiar with the Bucs organization, players etc its really not a shock he would prefer that destination. My guess is if he did end up here (no thanks) he would be just fine.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>AJ is doing the Phillies a huge favor. The movement, command looks like it did last year. <a href="https://twitter.com/Orioles">@Orioles</a> defensive metrics create a nice fit.</p>— gabe kapler (@gabekapler) <a href="

">July 24, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>AJ is doing the Phillies a huge favor. The movement, command looks like it did last year. <a href="https://twitter.com/Orioles">@Orioles</a> defensive metrics create a nice fit.</p>— gabe kapler (@gabekapler) <a href="
">July 24, 2014</a></blockquote>

What's your thought on that Weams?

Let me just add Kapler is sort of an anomaly, most ex players hate metrics or pick and choose them but I think he managed in the minors or coached so maybe that is why.

Let me just add Kapler is sort of an anomaly, most ex players hate metrics or pick and choose them but I think he managed in the minors or coached so maybe that is why.

Kapler is one of a handful of ex-players that consistently says intelligent things.

The rest of them only have occasional flashes of competence where in intersects with their skill set as a player.

Kapler is one of a handful of ex-players that consistently says intelligent things.

The rest of them only have occasional flashes of competence where in intersects with their skill set as a player.

Yea I totally agree. I was kinda surprised to be honest. The guy is pretty good.

My thoughts? If it is just money and some minor leaguers, I'd go with this. If it is any of our top guys - I think he can go back to Pittsburgh. If h is really pitching well with the ground-balls back, it could make a different for us. High K rates usually as well.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>A.J. Burnett another PHI player with value-killing option: player option jumps in increments from 24 to 32 starts from $7.5m up to $12.75m.</p>— Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) <a href="

">July 23, 2014</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>A.J. Burnett another PHI player with value-killing option: player option jumps in increments from 24 to 32 starts from $7.5m up to $12.75m.</p>— Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) <a href="
">July 23, 2014</a></blockquote>

Value killing. For Philadelphia. They won't get much. My kinda deal. Just Money.

Never felt comfortable around people wit a lot of tattoos Back in the day when I was a kid they had travelling circuses and carnivals The guys that worked them were a shifty lot, always had a bunch of tattoos, usually 2-3 sheets to the wind, and would as soon as knife you in the back as shake your hand. Burnett reminds me of those guys. Everything I've heard about him tells me he would not be a Buck nugget, and wouldn't enjoy playing ping pong with JJ.

Never felt comfortable around people wit a lot of tattoos Back in the day when I was a kid they had travelling circuses and carnivals The guys that worked them were a shifty lot, always had a bunch of tattoos, usually 2-3 sheets to the wind, and would as soon as knife you in the back as shake your hand. Burnett reminds me of those guys. Everything I've heard about him tells me he would not be a Buck nugget, and wouldn't enjoy playing ping pong with JJ.

Nobody is better than Gordo at self-satirizing.

Archived