Saturday Night's alright for fighting!

scOtt

• Replies 723
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/LkIWmsP3c_s?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> .................

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• I guess short term Urias/Mateo may be a platoon with Westburg flexing between 2B and 3B. Of course in baseball anything can happen any night, but some of last night's wonder for me is if Holliday may have done more at the bottom of the lineup.   Kimbrel, McKenna and Cowser messed some stuff up late. Savant this morning (25 batted ball minimums) sees Urias as one of just 6 MLB Bats out of 330 with a sub-100mph MaxEV on the season. Hopefully one of the extra IF options can get it going.    Right now I trust more Mateo to upkeep his normal play level, but I admit in Urias' case I have some concern he's mostly washed.     Holliday performed like the worst bat in the league, but other 2B options haven't been far from it either.
    • 32 four seamers averaged 92.5 (90.1 - 94.6).  14 two-seamers averaged 94.2 (93.0 - 95.2).   
    • Maybe.  But we DO know, both from past experiences AND from reports when he was in the minors from coaches and the like, that at times his attention wanders.  Fair or not that makes a situation like last night call into question if that was a factor as well.  We will never know of course, but it's not out of the question either with him.  
    • My take is simple (like me). McKenna has one job on this team, and he didn't do it very well at a key point of last night's game. It happens in baseball.  I'm not expecting McKenna to be on the roster for long. He will likely be DFA'd in the near term.  
    • Anybody complaining about Kevin Brown should be careful what they wish for. I bet Melanie Newman would be next in line for the job so the organization could pat themselves on the back for having a female in the role.
    • I’m fine with anyone’s opinion that McKenna should have caught that ball.  I certainly don’t suspect that “his head wasn’t in the game.”   He just got a bad read on a ball hit very hard directly over his head.  
    • Agree that his recovery will be important.  Apparently he was not " sitting mid 90s," according to @Frobby. "He topped out there.  Average a little lower. " Bradish was effective last year because he was able to locate his FB and use his breaking ball effectively. To me, FB velocity is important to his ability to get MLB hitter out and is an encouraging sign for his arm health, but likely tells only a part of the story of whether he will be as effective at the MLB level as he was last year.  If someone saw the outing and can confirm that he was throwing all of his pitches effectively and that his pitch shapes were where he and Chris Holt want them to be then I would be very encouraged by that stat line. It's a rehab start at AAA. Fingers crossed. 
  • Popular Contributors