vs. MARINERS, 7/25

OFFNY

Yeesh. And the Yankees won, too. We haven't even listened to the Star Spangled Banner for our game, and the pressure on the Orioles is already starting to build up.

I would think the pressure would be on the teams chasing the team in first, not on the team in first.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeesh. And the Yankees won, too. We haven't even listened to the Star Spangled Banner for our game, and the pressure on the Orioles is already starting to build up.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/uMQb9LCNGxs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Pressure

Why does that add pressure? Yankees and Blue Jays were tied. ONE of them was going to win.

I would think the pressure would be on the teams chasing the team in first, not on the team in first.

They have us on the back foot, though. We have to keep pace. Would winning tonight be less fulfilling or less meaningful if the Yankees and Rays both lost tonight? Of course not. But it would pad our lead for first in the division. As it stands, we have to win or we yield a game to both of our pursuers.

And yes, I think the Rays are in contention. Look at their recent performance. It's becoming a bit more than a fluke.

The pressure on the O's is lessened only because they haven't had the preseason expectations that other teams have had. However, there's always pressure to maintain a lead. It also doesn't help that the entirety of the East is beginning to exert itself now. The rest of the AL is beginning to find out that our division isn't toothless after all.

They have us on the back foot, though. We have to keep pace. Would winning tonight be less fulfilling or less meaningful if the Yankees and Rays both lost tonight? Of course not. But it would pad our lead for first in the division. As it stands, we have to win or we yield a game to both of our pursuers.
To two of our three pursuers. Correct.

And yes, I think the Rays are in contention. Look at their recent performance. It's becoming a bit more than a fluke.

Just win baby.

O's win these games and they are guaranteed to gain ground on two division rivals.

Archived