Final Day Trade Rumor Countdown thread. (Deadline 4 PM)

weams

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Extension has nothing to do with the trade, we paid Rodriguez for two months of Miller. Do you even want to extend a reliever looking for a free agent payday who has a preference for Boston?

"Sure, I'll sign with Baltimore for twice what it took to get Danys Baez and Jamie Walker."

Yep, the Orioles aren't going to be successful paying guys like Miller their market worth.

You do understand how the Save Rule works right? I guess Buck could bring Britton in after 2 outs or something.

Are you serious? If you are in three close games in a row, you will feel compelled to pitch Britton in all three as it stands now. However, with Miller maybe you let O'Day close out one and have Hunter, Miller, Britton in another. That says you some strain on Britton and on O'Day.

I wasn't being confrontational -- just trying to get a sense of context. I don't really disagree with anything you're saying. I just didn't think, given the fact it was ST, he was dramatically different or down. I think the stat lines and some overhyping agents inflated his perceived "stuff". I thought Parks nailed it in his summary on the BP Top 10 rankings:

Pretty grounded will giving credence to potential upside. I still think his projection is in that range (tops out as a three, more likely a back-end guy).

So the potential downside of this deal is that the O's traded six years of (essentially) Wei-Yin Chen for 20 or 30 innings of Andrew Miller? I think I can live with that.

Conflicting info!!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>It's 4 pm. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a> trying to get 1 more deal done at wire</p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

">July 31, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>The Orioles are done. No more trades today</p>— Dan Connolly (@danconnollysun) <a href="

Lol. Perfect.

Conflicting info!!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>It's 4 pm. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a> trying to get 1 more deal done at wire</p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>The Orioles are done. No more trades today</p>— Dan Connolly (@danconnollysun) <a href="

Archived