Final Day Trade Rumor Countdown thread. (Deadline 4 PM)

weams

That cannot be possible. Every team would have jumped all over beating that deal. The O's easily beat that deal. Prospects HAVE to be coming back. This makes no sense without them.

I do miss AM's trading abilities....geesh. DD is a much better GM overall (and not even close IMO) but man.....

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm pretty sure the Rays got Smyly... not the Mariners. But still... there HAS to be more coming to the Rays than Franklin and Smyly. We must not be hearing everything yet.

I really hope so. If not, I am just shell shocked that we could have easily of had Price without giving up Hunter Bundy or Gausman.

Seems like for this season the Orioles got better, the Yankees and the Blue Jays stayed the same, and the Red Sox and the Rays got worse. I would say in out division at least we are trade deadline day winners.

Yanks got better today.

If all TB got was Nick Franklin, I am going to TEAR my hair out that we could not get Price.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>UPDATE: Rays trade David Price to Tigers in 3-team deal. Mariners get OF Austin Jackson & P Drew Smyly. 2B Nick Franklin to TB.</p>— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) <a href="https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/statuses/494937109044944897">July 31, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Franklin, Smyly

Archived