vs. INDIANS, 8/16

OFFNY

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Where are the ABs for Mayo? Verse a lefty you have Hays/Santander/Mountcastle above him as a bat.  He's worse than them defensively.  There's abs for him at DH vs LHP. If you stop using it to rest Rutch. Are you ready to bring him up to do that and only that? Because there's not 200 abs in that role for the rest of the season. It's not about Mateo vs Holliday.  It's about Holliday didn't look ready to be playing in the MLs.  If 3 weeks in the MiLs can fix that, great.  I'm skeptical. As to what to trade, instead of just throwing out stupid descriptives, give me names.  Are you willing to trade Basallo?  Mayo? Kjerstad?  Because if not, then Stowers and Norby are about the best you have.
    • Kjerstad is the best prospect we have that you can argue should be available in the right deal. The question is his defense and that could be enough to trade himself. I would rather keep him but should be available in the right deal.
    • My bad.  He can make the roster I guess.  😁
    • For the record, I hated giving him up, and felt he could have had a long-term role in this organization, and said that many, many times. That said, this is the game, and this team is highly unlikely to ever really regret it unless something very strange happens with Holliday. I totally understand the trade from the O's perspective, but a lot of how we feel about this trade long-term is going to be determined by a few starts in October.
    • There are clearly at bats available for Mayo and let’s not get into this overrating Mateo stuff again.  You should have learned your lesson. He is doing well in a part time role and they are riding him playing well for the moment but Holliday is the clear better option and will be the obvious starter within 6 weeks.  And we all know this isn’t what Mateo really is. That has been proven. That said, he can have a role on this team and he is proving to be an asset, which is good to see. As for what to trade, I think that’s an awful take but it is what it is.  Some people are ok with hoping for the best and if that doesn’t work out, so be it.
    • Good catch.  And changes the math.  
  • Popular Contributors