Dan Connolly: Orioles Still Trying to Obtain a Lefthanded Hitting Infielder

weams

Not really. The O's had a higher waiver priority than the Angels, so the Orioles could have claimed him. They didn't, so they didn't want him.
The O's were close to getting a deal done when news of Manny's surgery came out, reducing their leverage. Did you read that part?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe I'm nuts, but I get the feeling that Davis is about to bust out. He had a couple of pretty good AB's yesterday and I'm thinking he's finally getting some of his timing back. It appears that he's adjusted his stance a bit and hopefully, this will lead to a nice closing month of the season.

Oh I do hope so.

I know, but it's a small sample and significantly above his career mark.
When will people realize that how a hitter is seeing the ball and hitting now, the last 10 G, the last month is more significant than his career numbers in choosing whether or not to play him. Yes, if Delmon where to have another 500 AB he would probably regress to his mean, but I am interested in his next 150.

When will people realize that how a hitter is seeing the ball and hitting now, the last 10 G, the last month is more significant than his career numbers in choosing whether or not to play him. Yes, if Delmon where to have another 500 AB he would probably regress to his mean, but I am interested in his next 150.

I don't think it's worth getting all worked up about. I was just explaining the thought process behind the possibility that they would be looking for a LHH infielder. It obviously would depend on the individual player. The defensive upgrade of getting Davis off of 3B and Young/Cruz out of LF can't be overlooked, either.

Young has also cooled off a bit in August. He had a very big game Monday night, and a big game against Lackey and St. Louis. Not much else this month.

I don't think it's worth getting all worked up about. I was just explaining the thought process behind the possibility that they would be looking for a LHH infielder. It obviously would depend on the individual player. The defensive upgrade of getting Davis off of 3B and Young/Cruz out of LF can't be overlooked, either.

Young has also cooled off a bit in August. He had a very big game Monday night, and a big game against Lackey and St. Louis. Not much else this month.

If we are talking about this month, I'd be benching Cruz over Young. What does a LH IF have to do with that? It lets me place Pearce in LF and Davis at 1B that's all. If I'm choosing between who to DH v RHP it's Young right now.

I know you don't care, and probably have a good, full belly laugh while mocking my naive ignorance. But anyway... there's not a bit of evidence that a player being hot right now has any predictive significance at all, over any period of time.

If we are talking about this month, I'd be benching Cruz over Young. What does a LH IF have to do with that? It lets me place Pearce in LF and Davis at 1B that's all. If I'm choosing between who to DH v RHP it's Young right now.

I don't know why you'd bench Cruz.

We're talking about a LH-hitting infielder because the report was we are still pursuing one.

And as drungo says, there is no predictive value to how a guy is hitting currently.

I know you don't care, and probably have a good, full belly laugh while mocking my naive ignorance. But anyway... there's not a bit of evidence that a player being hot right now has any predictive significance at all, over any period of time.
Tell that to the guy who is making out the line up. He'll laugh harder than I would.

This is probably why I suck at fantasy baseball...

Archived