Jimenez getting booed on Sunday.

Snutchy

I would not boo a minor league player unless he did something off field like dog fightingor some other heinous crime.

Billy Rowell just irritated me as he was so cocky with nothing to back it up. He proclaimed right after being drafted he would be a future HOFER. That type of attitude and lousy performance to go with it just rubbed me the wrong way. I can't think though of any other minor leaguer I would boo.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They are all blind, so they don't know who is booing them.

It's the RL equivalent of mocking someone on the internet.

Umpires have a stressful job especially when they are behind home plate. They are traveling all year. The managers yell at them the players yell at them the fans boo them and heckle them. They aren't making fortunes out there. Now some on the Internet is making jokes about them.

Seriously who want that job?

Umpires have a stressful job especially when they are behind home plate. They are traveling all year. The managers yell at them the players yell at them the fans boo them and heckle them. They aren't making fortunes out there. Now some on the Internet is making jokes about them.

Lots of folks. Plenty of guys doing it in the minors for a lot less pay. No shortage of folks going to Ump school.

I for one don't boo any umpire per se, but may boo a certain call they make that seems terrible. Most umpires are pretty good at the major league level.

Mike Curtis? You mean the guy who missed most of the 1975 season with a "knee injury"? Sally No-Knees should've manned up and walked it off. No wonder he wound up with the Seahawks.

I guarantee you one thing, he could probably still knock you into next week, bad knees and all.

Archived