What a monster statement today. "It's still baseball season in Baltimore"

Barnaby Graves

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The World Series would be the biggest thing ever.

Gotta disagree. The NFL kinda rules the world these days (though I do think it's peaked). I remember '83, attended WS games at Memorial Stadium, and as great as it was, it couldn't compare to Balt in Jan/Feb 2013, when the town went bonkers for the Super Bowl Champion Ravens.

I'll be rooting like crazy for our Birds to bring a title back to B'mpre, but having also attended Super Bowl 47, I can definitely say that nothing can top winning the final big football game that the whole furshlugginer world is watching.

And seeing baseball fans criticize football fans for over-analyzing the sport is kinda funny. What fans analyze the most minute stats more than baseball fans?

I love both sports, and both our teams.

Football reminds me of crappy pop music, I know millions of people care, but I don't know any of them. I am really off football this year.

I mean; Baltimore - yay. I will root for the hometeam, but I can't see myself giving much of a care about the season this year.

Exactly. Remember everyone, popularity does not necessarily account for taste. :D

Anybody recall a Superbowl commercial several years back where Mike Ditka compared Football and Baseball? He basically said football is action packed and describes action plays. Then says how baseball is slow and boring.

I lost a lot of respect for him after that.

Anybody recall a Superbowl commercial several years back where Mike Ditka compared Football and Baseball? He basically said football is action packed and describes action plays. Then says how baseball is slow and boring.

I lost a lot of respect for him after that.

Football doesn't really have that much either. Soccer and Hockey have more action than either but they can be boring as boring can be at times.

Steve Davis and the Commish are whiny baseball posers. I thank the Baseball Gods that I have XM Radio with Memelo and Hollingsworth on MLB Radio on the way to work in the morning. I get to hear about the entire ML too, which keeps the Oriole's drama in perspective for me. As far as B'More goes, there is plenty of new found love for the Black and Orange (especially among young people), but most of the mouth breathers and middle aged women in the burbs still want to hear about da Raaayvens baby! Don't get me wrong, I love football too, on Saturdays when my beloved State is playing. However, the NFL is for the reasoning-challenged, commercial loving, short attention spanned, thug-violence adoring crowd....was that too harsh?

It's so weird how a lot of O's fans (on this site in particular) seem to root against the Ravens. Why not root for both teams equally? I mean you look at Ravens message boards - all have threads dedicated to the O's everyone is excited about baseball, but come over here and you get threads like this.

FYI - the Ravens have kept Baltimore a relevant sports town since 1998.

Root for Baltimore.

It's so weird how a lot of O's fans (on this site in particular) seem to root against the Ravens. Why not root for both teams equally? I mean you look at Ravens message boards - all have threads dedicated to the O's everyone is excited about baseball, but come over here and you get threads like this.

Root for Baltimore.

I agree with your overall point, but trust me, there are LOTS more Ravens fans that want nothing to do with the Orioles than vice versa. To point more at the O's fans in that is very inaccurate.

Passion for the Orioles is certainly growing, but it's really not close to the Ravens still, and probably won't be for quite a while. Love it or hate it, the NFL is king in American sports, and Baltimore is no exception.

Root for Baltimore.

I suspect it has something to do with the superiority complex Ravens fans developed over the losing years and the way many of them derided and crapped on the Orioles and Orioles fans.

For example, the idea that the only worthwhile sports franchise in Baltimore since 1998 was the Ravens.

I suspect it has something to do with the superiority complex Ravens fans developed over the losing years and the way many of them derided and crapped on the Orioles and Orioles fans.

For example, the idea that the only worthwhile sports franchise in Baltimore since 1998 was the Ravens.

I don't get that sense. I think there was a lot of anger at the Orioles for 14 years of ineptitude, but deservedly so. Now we have two good franchises - we should be happy about it. Well not you, since you are a Packer fan. But most people who identify with Baltimore.

Oh well, I don't care, I'll just root for both home teams like always. I guess I'd prefer to see the O's win the WS this year than the Ravens win the Super Bowl, but it's pretty close.

I don't get that sense. I think there was a lot of anger at the Orioles for 14 years of ineptitude, but deservedly so. Now we have two good franchises - we should be happy about it. Well not you, since you are a Packer fan. But most people who identify with Baltimore.

Oh well, I don't care, I'll just root for both home teams like always. I guess I'd prefer to see the O's win the WS this year than the Ravens win the Super Bowl, but it's pretty close.

I agree. The Ravens just won it all 19 months ago, while the O's.. Well, it's been WAY too long!

Well when Tony Bautista was the Orioles best player they may have had a valid point.

As an old guy that remembers the O's from the sixties and losing interest during the down years (yes - call me a band wagoner) this is great fun. I have watched or heard every game this year and am enjoying myself.

I can't even post on the game thread because every day I do they loose. Because we all know the world revolves around me. :clap:

I still like the Ravens, but football just isn't what it used to be and I have invested months with the O's. So, they are my love right now.

For me this week is great. O's every night, until Thursday and on their day off I can watch the Ravens. As a Baltimore fan, what more can you ask for.

Archived